Looking for something else?
$50 off when you quote and buy online
We understand that sometimes as a landlord, things can feel out of your control. It’s ok – we’re here to help.
- Loss or damage to your investment property from insured events
- Loss of rent if your tenant fails to pay, limits and conditions apply
- Damage caused by flood*, storms, fires, and theft
- Loss of rent if your tenant can't live at your property due to damage. Limits and conditions apply.
When you own a home that shares common property, things can get complicated. We make it simple with our Strata Insurance.
- Loss or damage to its common areas, like garages, driveways, and swimming pools
- Legal liability to pay compensation for death, illness, or bodily injury
- Loss of rent if your tenant can’t live in your unit due to damage. Limits and conditions apply.
Our customers rate us highly
Reviews are independently verified and detail our customers' real experiences with their Home Insurance policies.
How to save on your Home Insurance
15% multi-policy discount
Combine any 3 or more eligible policies and get a 15% multi policy discount.
Get up to $100 off when you buy your policy online.
6% seniors discount for Queenslanders
If you have a Queensland Seniors Card you’re eligible for a discount
Vary your excess
If you increase your standard excess you can save on your premium
If you’re eligible for more than one discount, we apply each in a predetermined order to the already discounted premium.
Latest offers from Suncorp
Get everyday discounts with Suncorp Benefits
Eligible Suncorp Customers now have access to Suncorp Benefits! Receive discounts of up to 15% from major retailers so you can save when you shop.
To avoid being underinsured, your home and contents sum insured should reflect what it would cost to rebuild your house or replace your contents at today’s prices.
After the numerous flooding events throughout the country in recent years, it is important that we provide our customers with flood cover even if it is unlikely a flood will occur at their address.
Yes, your home is covered if it is unoccupied, however an additional excess will apply to any claim made during this time if the home has been unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive days.
Your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your latest certificate of insurance both contain detailed information regarding what is not covered under your policy.
Your Suncorp policy provides you with up to $20 million legal liability cover.
Legal liability covers your liability to pay compensation for death or bodily injury to other people or loss or damage to their property resulting from an incident, which happens in connection with you owning or living in the home at the insured address. For instance, if a person was to come onto your property and injure themselves by tripping whilst climbing the stairs, the Home legal liability component of your policy would respond if you were found legally liable for the injury sustained and damages were sought from you.*
Legal liability on contents also covers your liability to pay compensation for an incident, which causes death or bodily injury to other people anywhere in Australia or New Zealand. So if you were playing golf at your local golf club and your ball was to strike another player causing injury, the contents legal liability component of your policy would respond if you were found legally liable for the injury sustained and damages were sought from you*.
* This example assumes your claim was not otherwise excluded by your policy.
Carpets are covered as part of your contents insurance.
When an assessor comes to your home, the appointment may take anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours to complete. The assessor can give you a clearer indication of this when they call you to book your assessment.
A home claim assessment is a process that involves determining the outcome of your claim after loss or damage to your home or contents.
*Actions or movements of the sea and storm surge are not covered (unless the storm surge damage occurs at the same time as damage caused by storm). We don't cover retaining walls or flood damage to wharves, jetties, pontoons, other exclusions apply.
We do not cover water damage caused by wear and tear or the gradual leaking of liquid, e.g. leaking shower bases. See PDS for more details.
First eligible policy
If you first purchase or have an existing Suncorp Car, Suncorp QLD CTP, Suncorp Motorcycle or Suncorp Home and/or Contents insurance policy, you will be eligible for this campaign. Refer to the T&Cs.
Second new eligible Policy purchased
- If you first purchase or have an existing Suncorp Car or Motorcycle policy, you can get 20% off new Suncorp home insurance. (‘New Suncorp home insurance’ excludes landlord and strata insurance)
- If you first purchase or have an existing Suncorp Home or QLD CTP policy, you can get 20% off new Suncorp car insurance. (‘New Suncorp car insurance’ excludes QLD CTP and Suncorp Roadside Assist)