Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.

Third Party Car Insurance

Liability cover to get you started, without the extra features of our Comprehensive levels of cover.

Enjoy great deals and savings at over 100 retailers with Suncorp Benefits

What am I covered for?

At the most basic level, Third Party Property Damage provides cover for:

Liability for loss or damage your car causes to another person’s vehicle or property.

Damage by uninsured drivers (up to $5,000). 

Third party property damage caused by caravans and trailers towed by your car. 

Optional Fire & Theft cover

You also have the option of upgrading your Third Party Property Damage to include Fire & Theft, which gives you the basic cover plus:

Emergency travel, accommodation and repairs after fire and theft. 

Personal property up to $500 after fire and theft.

Liability for loss or damage from fire and theft.

Replacement of stolen keys after fire or theft.

Up to 14 days hire car after theft.

Product Disclosure Statement

This is just a summary, for full details of what is and isn't covered please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). You may also like our Guide to Premiums, Excesses, Discounts and Claim Payments.

What you get with Suncorp Insurance

Online Discount

Get $20 off when you buy your policy online.

More than 500,000 cars insured across Australia. 

Low kilometre saving

Applicants who drive fewer than 10,000km/year may be eligible for a reduced premium. 

Claims Free Driver Rewards on comprehensive policies.

Multi-policy discount#

It’s as easy as combining your Suncorp car, home and contents insurance.

24/7 support and claims service.

Enjoy Suncorp Benefits with your policy

Save up to 15% with great deals at over 100 retailers.

Discounts on everyday items
Save on groceries, fuel, entertainment, clothes and more

Savings on bigger purchases
Get great discounts on travel, furniture, electronics and exclusive offers

Instant access to rewards
Simply choose your reward on your phone and use it instantly

Frequently Asked Questions

Looking for something else?

We also offer insurance for these vehicles:


 Caravan & Trailer



Comprehensive Car Insurance

Our Third Party covers don’t cover you for accidental loss or damage to your own car. If that’s what you’re looking for, see our Comprehensive Car insurance cover.

Learn more

Insights and stories

Showing 3 of 5 articles Showing 2 of 5 articles Showing 1 of 5 articles