Save $50 when you quote and buy online
Covers accidental loss or damage to your car, as well as the cars and property of others caused by the use of your car. So, if you’re in an accident, we’ll help you get back on the road and earning money again ASAP. Great car insurance for Uber drivers, Ola drivers, and other rideshare drivers.
Helps take care of costs
- Cover for accidental loss or damage caused by the use of your car
- Cover for damage caused to your own car in an accident
- Cover for damage caused by theft or attempted theft
Keeps you on the road
- Hire car after theft for up to 21 days
- Hire car after not-at-fault incidents
- Optional hire car after any insured event for unlimited days (with Comprehensive Advantages cover only)
- The same insurance cover on your hire car as your own car if we’ve arranged the hire car via our provider.
Offers peace of mind
- Lifetime repair guarantee
- 2 year new-for-old car replacement1
Offers handy optional extras
- Roadside Assist
- Windscreen and window glass cover
Save money when you get a quote and buy online.
Vary your excess
Reduce your premium payments by agreeing to pay more in excess if you ever make a claim.
Combine 3 or more eligible policies and save 15% on your premiums.
If you’re involved in an accident while out ridesharing, it’s quick and easy to make a claim.
Grab your policy number (easily done via the Suncorp App!) and details of the accident.
Lodge your claim online anytime. If we need more info we’ll reach out within 2 business days.
We’ll help get your vehicle assessed and figure out what needs to be done next.
Track the progress of your claim online at any time.
5. And that’s it!
We’ll let you know the outcome of your claim as soon as possible.
Suncorp Car Insurance is designed to provide you with flexibility to tailor your car cover to best suit your current and changing needs. There are five levels of cover you can choose from:
Comprehensive cover includes accidental loss or damage cover, third party property damage cover and a range of additional features at no extra cost.
Comprehensive Extras includes all the cover of Comprehensive as well as having a range of different optional covers that you can choose for an extra premium (such as windscreen and window glass cover and cover for a hire car after an event).
Comprehensive Advantages is our top level of cover and provides all the cover of Comprehensive with your optional covers being automatically included.
Fire, Theft & Third Party Property Damage cover includes fire and theft cover, third party property damage cover and a range of additional features at no extra cost.
Third Party Property Damage cover covers legal liability to other people’s property and a range of additional features at no extra cost.
Please refer to the relevant PDS.
Custom paint, Nitro or hydrogen fuel, a petrol turbo or supercharger, or a roll bar, roll cage or racing harness are not covered by your Comprehensive Car Insurance policy.
Yes, we provide cover for cars used for ride-sharing. The definition of ride-sharing is when the owner of the car, or a driver listed on the policy, drives the car to provide trips or journeys for passengers for a fee. The arrangement can be made via a website, app or other means.
Taxis, hire cars or cars used in car sharing schemes are not treated as ride-sharing.
More benefits for you
Minor scratch and dent car repairs
We’ve teamed up with Schmick to offer convenient repairs for a range of minor cosmetic dents, scratches and scruffs through their SELECT membership.
Get Everyday discounts with Suncorp Benefits
Enjoy Suncorp Benefits with your policy. Get up to 15% off your everyday items with great deals at over 100 retailers.
What is ridesharing?
Ridesharing is when the owner of a car, or a driver listed on the insurance policy, uses the car to provide trips or journeys for passengers for a fee. This arrangement can be made via a website, app, or other means.
Taxis, hire cars, and cars used in car sharing schemes are not treated as ridesharing.
Hire car after not-at-fault incidents
We’ll help arrange a hire car after an incident where your car is damaged and:
- can’t be safely driven or is in for repairs,
- we agree that you or the driver of your car wasn’t at fault,
- you’ve provided us with the name, address and registration number of the at-fault driver.
This means we’ll cover the reasonable cost of the car using our provider, if they have one available within a reasonable distance of your location. If they don’t, we’ll pay you the lesser of:
- the amount it would have cost us, or
- the cost you incur in making alternative travel arrangements.
Driver Protection Cover
Driver Protection Cover includes up to $1 million in benefits for specific serious injuries to eligible at-fault drivers. It also includes access to a lump sum payment of $5,000 which may help pay for upfront costs like medical and rehabilitation expenses.
After claim expenses
If your car's stolen or damaged in an incident we will pay up to a total of $1000 towards:
- emergency travel and accommodation if your car's not safe to drive and you're more than 100klm away from home
- emergency repairs to make your car roadworthy or safe so that you can get to your destination or to a repairer
- replacing your personal property such as clothing or electronic and telecommunicaiton devices lost or damaged at the time of the incident.
Note: you need to provide us with all invoices and receipts
Hire car after theft for up to 21 days
We'll cover the reasonable cost of a hire car that meets your needs for up to 21 days following theft, or attempted theft following any approved claim. Conditions apply.
Please note: A hire car cannot be used by learner drivers. Terms and conditions apply, see the PDS for full details
This applies when your car is damaged in a collision with another vehicle driven by an uninsured driver, but only if we agree that you are not at fault, and you give us the name and address of the uninsured driver or their vehicle's registration details.