Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.

Strata Insurance

Insurance for residential buildings that share common property

Do I need Strata Insurance?

When you own a home that shares common property, things can get complicated. If buildings, outdoor areas or items are damaged, you want to make sure you have cover in place.

That’s why our Strata Insurance - associated with body corporates or owners corporations - covers residential buildings within a complex and its common areas such as garages, driveways and swimming pools. You can also add cover for common contents, such as lawnmowers and washing machines.

Strata Insurance is a legal requirement and normally the responsibility of the strata title owners, with the cost split between the individual unit owners. If you live in one of the following, chances are you need Strata Insurance.





Insured Events

  • Flood
  • Fire
  • Malicious acts of vandalism
  • Impact
  • Storm
  • Theft and burglary
  • Damage by an animal
  • Riot, civil commotion or public disturbance
  • Explosion
  • Escape of liquid
  • Lightning
  • Accidental breakage of glass
  • Earthquake and tsunami

What am I covered for?

Cover Type


Amount nominated by you

Loss or damage from incidents such as floods*, storms, fires and theft#

Amount nominated by you

Up to $20 million

Up to 10% of the building sum insured and for no longer than 52 weeks

Up to 10% of the building sum insured and for no longer than 52 weeks

Up to $1 million

Up to $10,000 of net costs

Amount nominated by you

Product Disclosure Statement

This is just a summary, for full details of what is and isn't covered please refer to the Strata Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)

Ways to save

We’re committed to protecting what matters to you most – every day. That’s why we offer a range of ways that you can save, when you insure your home with us.

Read more

*Actions or movements of the sea and storm surge are not covered (unless the storm surge damage occurs at the same time as damage caused by storm). We don't cover retaining walls or flood damage to wharves, jetties, pontoons, other exclusions apply.

#We do not insure you for bushfire, storm, flood or tsunami in the first 72 hours of your policy. Very limited exceptions apply. 

Live chat

Chat to us online now