Your browser version is no longer supported, so you may experience issues while using this site.
Please upgrade to a current browser to enjoy the best experience.

CTP Insurance claims

Need to make a claim or track an existing claim?
It's ok, that's why you have insurance, we're here to help.

Make a claim

for CTP Insurance

The accident was not your fault

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident and did not cause the accident, you may be able to claim for compensation from us if the vehicle driven by the driver who caused the accident was insured by Suncorp CTP Insurance.

Claim by phone

Our professional Claims consultants are available between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday to assist you in making your claim over the phone

Call us on 13 11 60

Claim by email

Depending on the circumstance of the accident select one of the following forms to complete:

Notice of Accident Claim Form (Non-Fatal)
If you were injured in the accident and you did not cause the accident.

Notice of Accident Claim Form (Fatal)
If the deceased did not cause the accident and you are their relative and or dependent.

Report the accident to the police:

If the accident has not yet been reported to the police, you must report the accident to the police before making a claim.

  • Please complete a Report of Traffic Incident to Police Form and take it to your local police station or a police station near where the accident happened.
  • Once the report has been lodged obtain the QP or Traffic Incident Number to record on your claim form.

Once you have completed the forms email it to us at



Or by posting it to us at (a stamp is not required):

Suncorp CTP Insurance
IPC: 4GI008
Reply Paid 1453

The accident was your fault

If your CTP insurance is with Suncorp Insurance, and you caused the accident you will need to complete a Notice of Accident Form.

If you have sustained a serious injury, you may be eligible to claim for Driver Protection Cover benefits. For full details of the cover that is available and the conditions that apply read the Driver Protection Cover Policy wording*.

Notify Online

You can download and print our Notice of Accident by Owner Form.

Notify by mail

You can download and print our Notice of Accident by Owner Form.

Once you have completed the form, post it to us at:

Suncorp CTP Insurance
IPC: 4GI008
Reply Paid 1453

The accident is a NIISQ claim for a serious personal injury?

A serious personal injury is a life-changing injury that leaves a person with a permanent disability, requiring assistance in their everyday life.

The physical, emotional and financial strains of a serious personal injury on the individual and their family can be devastating.

The cost of care for a seriously injured person over their lifetime can be millions of dollars.

Serious personal injuries include:

  • Spinal cord injuries
  • Severe burns
  • Traumatic brain injuries
  • Permanent blindness
  • Multiple amputations

For more information visit NISQ

CTP Claims Complaints or to resolve a dispute

If you have a complaint about our service or our decisions, please contact your Claims Advisor. If they can’t resolve the issue, they’ll refer the complaint to their Leader or delegate who will respond within 5 business days.

If you prefer not to do this, or if you are not satisfied with how we handle your complaint, you may request a review by emailing

Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC)

The Commission is the government body that oversees Queensland’s CTP scheme. They can give you general information about the claims process. Phone: 1300 302 568 or visit