Accidental death claims
To lodge your claim, one of our friendly staff will be there to help take care of your nominated beneficiary or legal personal representative. Please have the policy number on hand and other details including date and cause of death.
Recieve a claims pack
- Completed claims forms.
- A certified copy of the full Death Certificate.
- A completed Medicare/Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme form.
- A certified copy of the deceased’s Birth Certificate and any change of name documents (e.g. marriage certificate). If you do not have a Birth Certificate please provide a certified copy of the deceased’s driver’s license or passport.
- A certified copy of the deceased’s Will to confirm the Executor of the Estate (if you are a nominated beneficiary under this policy, these are not required.)
- A certified copy of the Grant of Probate or in the absence of a Will, certified copy Letters of Administration (if you are a nominated beneficiary under this policy, these are not required.)
- A certified copy of your proof of identification if you are the executor or the beneficiary under the policy (birth certificate, driver’s license or passport)
Track your insurance claim
We know you want your claim to be sorted as quickly as possible. Your dedicated claims advisor will keep you updated of your claim’s progress, however if you still have questions please call
The time a claim can take to be assessed, depends on the claim type, circumstances and how quickly you were able to get all of your required documents to us.
Your dedicated claims advisor will keep you updated of the progress and will assess your claim as quickly as possible. View our claim process.
If you still have questions about your claim please call
At Suncorp we know that claim time is our moment of truth. It's when the cover that you placed with us really kicks in. We see it as delivering on a promise that we made to you - a promise to protect you and your family financially.