Frequently asked questions about Motorcycle Insurance
Many of your general questions can be answered here.
If you have a specific question regarding your own policy, please contact us
A No Claim Bonus (NCB) is a discount off your comprehensive premium as a reward for your good driving and insurance history. On each renewal, your discount will increase providing you haven’t made any claims that affect your NCB. If you are eligible your NCB will keep increasing until you reach the maximum discount level. Your NCB is shown on your certificate of insurance.
For full details please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Your certificate of insurance will show the amount and types of excess that apply to your policy. Depending on the circumstances, you might have to pay more than one type of excess when you claim. There are four different types of excess:
- Standard – applies to all claims unless we tell you otherwise.
- Voluntary – you can choose a voluntary excess to reduce your premium. This excess replaces the standard excess and will be the excess you pay for all claims unless we tell you otherwise.
- Age –applies if a rider under 25 was riding, using or in charge of your motorcycle at the time of the incident.
- Inexperienced – applies if a rider licensed less than 1 year or who has been riding less than one year was riding, using or in charge of your motorcycle at the time of the incident.
For more information about these excess types please read the Motorcycle Insurance PDS and the Premiums, Excesses, Discounts and Claim Payments Guide (PED Guide).
We have some valuable additional features in the Suncorp Comprehensive Motorcycle Insurance such as:
- If your bike is less than 2 years old and you are the first owner (or you purchased the bike as an ‘ex demonstration’ model from a licensed motor dealer who was the first registered owner), and we agree your bike is a total loss after a claim, we will replace it with a new one that we consider to be the same or a similar make or model.
- If your bike is stolen, we will pay the reasonable hire cost of a ‘compact’ category hire car for up to 21 days or until your motorcycle is returned undamaged, repaired or we settle your claim, whichever comes first
- We cover your riding apparel for up to $1,000 if it is stolen from a secure storage compartment on your motorcycle or damaged while riding your motorcycle, as well as cover for other personal property up to $500 if it is lost or damaged in an incident covered by your policy while stored in a secure storage compartment on your motorcycle.
Conditions and exclusions apply, for full details please read the PDS.