Accidental damage at home (contents)

Accidental damage at home (contents)

Accidents involving your contents can happen every day in and around the home. Like tripping on the rug and spilling your coffee onto that nice new sofa of yours. So it’s nice to know that when they happen, they may be covered by your insurance.

What policy covers accidental damage at home (to contents)?


It’s optional.

Classic Extras


Classic Advantages


What’s great about accidental damage to contents cover is that you can lodge a claim for it, even if a specific insured event hasn’t occurred. This is classified as an independent claim.

What’s covered

When you have this optional cover (unless you have home Classic Extras or Classic Advantages), we cover your contents for accidental loss or accidental damage – such as the breaking or damaging of something - at the insured address during the period of insurance.

What’s not covered

There are instances where you will not be covered under this policy, such as when you cannot establish that an incident covered by your policy took place at a certain time and date.

You can read about the other instances where your policy will not cover accidental loss or accidental damage to your contents in the Product Disclosure Statement.