The Suncorp App June 2019 release: What’s new?
14 June 2019
Exciting things have been happening with the Suncorp App since it was launched in July 2018. Now, with our latest Release 1.6, we’ve added even more great features to help make your life easier!
Not familiar with the Suncorp App yet? Learn all about it and see where you can download it for free using the link below.
How often do you find yourself logging into your bank account to transfer money? Whether it’s to pay a bill or make sure you’re regularly stashing cash in your savings fund, human error (ie forgetting) can make you miss a due date pretty easily.
Even if you’ve got the memory of an elephant, why bother doing it manually when it can be done for you?
With the Suncorp App, you can now set up recurring, ongoing payments that can:
- automatically transfer money between your Suncorp Bank accounts,
- pay someone else, or
make a payment through BPAY. Once you’ve set up recurring payments (to come out weekly, fortnightly, or monthly) you can sit back, relax, and let our Suncorp App do the work for you.
Add a recurring payment the next time you make a transfer, pay a mate or take care of a bill.
All you need to do is change the ‘When’ drop down from ‘Now’ to ‘Recurring’. You’ll then have the option to set the frequency and even set a start and end date, if you like.
What if I no longer need a recurring payment?
You can also edit and delete future recurring payments at any time through the Suncorp App.
Just select ‘Manage’ from the Money section of the app, and then choose ‘Scheduled payments’. From there, you’ll see a full list of all the future recurring payments you’ve got set up.
You can select any of them, and will see an option to ‘Edit payment’ or ‘Delete payment’. Easy!
Temporarily lock your Visa Debit card
It can happen to any of us – one minute your Visa Debit card is safely in your back pocket, the next your wallet or purse has grown legs and run away with it.
Misplacing or having your Visa Debit card stolen can be incredibly frustrating, but the new Suncorp App card lock feature can make things a lot more seamless. Now you can use the app to temporarily lock your card from any activity, including Google Pay, Apple Pay, online payments and in-store purchases.
If you find your card playing hide and seek under a couch cushion? No problem – you can unlock your card through the Suncorp App just as easily.
How to temporarily lock your Visa Debit card with the Suncorp App
To lock your card, select ‘Manage cards’ when you’re in the Money tab of the Suncorp App. From there, choose the card you want to lock, and toggle the option next to ‘Temporarily lock my card’.
When you’re ready to unlock it, head to the same spot and toggle the option back.
Turning on/off other payment methods in the Suncorp App
As well as being able to lock your Suncorp Bank Visa Debit card whenever you like, you also have full control over the availability of other payment methods. Through the Suncorp App, you can turn on and off:
- Visa payWave payments. If you prefer to swipe or insert your Visa Debit card to make in-store purchases, you can always turn off the payWave function that allows you to make contactless payments.
- Internet transactions. Curb your online shopping habits (temporarily or permanently!) by blocking any Internet transactions. This includes online subscriptions and recurring payments.
- Overseas in-store payments. When you’re not travelling, blocking your Visa Debit card from being able to make any in-store purchases overseas can give you greater peace of mind. Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to make purchases online from international shops and websites.
To active any of these features, just follow the same instructions for temporarily blocking your card; you’ll see all your other options listed there too.
What else is new in the Suncorp App?
The exciting features from Release 1.6 don’t end there. Through the Suncorp App, you can now:
- Delete payees and billers. Clean up your address book by deleting those old payees and BPAY billers you no longer make payments to.
- Directly access e-gift cards. Suncorp customers have access to Suncorp Benefits. That means you can save up to 15% on major retailers (including Woolworths, David Jones, Myer, JB Hi-Fi, and stacks more). Access your Suncorp Benefits by downloading an e-gift card directly to the Suncorp App, and using it instantly in-store. You can also view and keep track of the e-gift cards you’ve purchased within the app.
- Go paperless. You can now opt-in to receive your policy documents via email using the Suncorp App.
The Suncorp App works with a number of brands in the Suncorp Network – AAMI, Apia, GIO, Shannons, CIL, and, of course, Suncorp. You can access your banking, manage eligible insurance products, and stacks more.
Get your money, home, car and life sorted with the help of the Suncorp App!
- Surprising ways you can use the Suncorp App
- Introducing Fast Payments: The speedy way to transfer money!
- The future of mobile apps
Banking products are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 (“Suncorp Bank”). Eligibility criteria, conditions and fees apply and are available on request. Internet connection is required when using the Suncorp App. Normal data charges from your internet service provider will apply. Information is intended to be of a general nature only and any advice has been prepared without taking into account any person's particular objectives, financial situation or needs. You should make your own enquiries, consider whether advice is appropriate for you and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement or Product Information Document before making any decisions about whether to acquire a product.