Credit Card FAQs
Yes. The easiest way to activate your card is via Suncorp Internet Banking. Register or log into Suncorp Internet Banking and go to Credit Card Services>Card Services>Card Activation/Deactivation. Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 203 074. You must activate your card and set up your PIN before you can start using it. If you are an additional card holder, the primary cardholder is required to activate their card first.
Your annual fee is charged on first use of your card, including card activation, and then on each anniversary of the date your card was first issued to you. To find out when your card was issued, and when you'll be charged the annual fee:
- Login to Internet Banking and click through to Card Services to obtain a copy of your first statement
- Visit your local Suncorp Bank branch
- Call us on 13 11 55
Make sure you keep track of your spending and monitor your account balance regularly to ensure you have sufficient funds for your purchase or scheduled automatic payment to avoid overlimit and dishonour fees. You can avoid late payment fees by making sure you pay your Suncorp Bank Credit Card minimum payment on or before the due date. This information can be found on your monthly statement. You may like to set up an automatic direct debit before your minimum payment due date to make sure you always pay your minimum balance.
There are many methods of making payments to your credit card. These include:
- Suncorp Bank Internet Banking
- Suncorp Bank Telephone Banking
- BPAY® - Using the biller code 999532 and your credit card number as the Reference Number
- Pay in person at a Suncorp Bank branch
- Direct Debit
Send a cheque payment to:
GPO Box 5247
Sydney NSW 2001
Details of repayment options are included on your monthly credit card statement.
Once you've had your credit card for at least 9 months, you can request an increased credit limit. To request an increase to your limit, visit your nearest branch, give us a call on 13 11 55 or in Internet Banking Card Services, select 'Send me credit limit increase alerts', for a credit limit increase offer to generate as soon as you're eligible.
There are methods of making payments to your credit card while you are travelling overseas. These include:
- Suncorp Bank Internet Banking
- Suncorp Bank Telephone Banking
- Direct Debit your minimum balance
You’ll need to contact your service provider directly to establish a direct debit with them – for example, if you want your gym to automatically direct debit your payments from your card, the gym can set this up for you. If you would like to set up a direct debit to make your credit card repayments automatically, please call us on 13 11 55 or you can set it up in Suncorp Internet banking.
The online credit card application should take you less than 10 minutes to complete. You'll need:
- Your personal details
- Your contact details
- Driver's licence number (if you have one)
- Current residential status (and previous residential details if you have been at your current address for less than 3 years)
- Contact details of a relative or friend not living with you
- Your financial position
- Your employer's address and telephone number
- Annual and monthly income (before and after tax)
- Contact details for your accountant if self-employed
- Types and amounts of other income (e.g. rental income)
- Details of your main expenses, including the current balances owing on your credit cards, loans and investment mortgages.
If you plan to transfer a balance from another financial institution, please provide us with the details of that account, including:
- the name the account's held in
- the type of card/account
- the card/account number
- the amount to be transferred
- the issuing organisation's name and address.
It usually takes 5-7 business days to process your application.
Suncorp Clear Options Business
Rewards points are capped at 80,000 per 12 month period for Business cardholders.
Suncorp Clear Options Platinum
For Suncorp Clear Options Platinum credit cards enrolled in Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you can only earn rewards points on Eligible Transactions up to $8,000 per statement period. There are no caps on the number of rewards points you can earn on your Gold Visa card. All Rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions (Business or Personal) of the Suncorp Bank Rewards Program.
Complimentary international travel insurance is available for Platinum Card holders only. For information relating to what the insurance covers, please view the Description of insurance cover - Suncorp Gold Cardholders, or view the Description of insurance cover for Suncorp Platinum Cardholders. These documents will also outline how to ensure you receive the relevant cover.
A balance transfer is when you transfer the balance of your credit or store card account from another financial institution (excluding Citigroup) to your Suncorp Clear Options Credit Card. You can choose to transfer a full or partial amount of your credit or store card balance to your Suncorp Clear Options credit card account. Call us on 13 11 55 for more details or to apply for a balance transfer.
Overlimit fees only apply for credit card accounts opened prior to 1 July 2012.
An overlimit fee is charged when the outstanding balance of your credit card exceeds your approved credit limit. You'll be charged a $40 overlimit fee each statement period when your credit limit is exceeded. The fee will be charged to your account in the following statement period. Visit our credit card fees and charges section for more information on how to avoid fees. Our automated systems include rules that may allow some over limit Transactions to be processed for which this fee will be charged. To find out more, see 'Credit Limit and Available Credit' within our Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Clear Options Credit Cards. If you wish to opt out of this service please contact us.
Verified by Visa is a service to help minimise the risk of fraudulent purchases being made with your Visa Debit card when you shop online at participating online stores. Suncorp Bank credit cards are covered by Verified by Visa. For more information please visit the Verified by Visa page.
You can use any ATM where Visa is accepted. Save on direct charging fees by using Suncorp Bank and Bendigo Bank ATM's which do not charge an ATM fee for all Suncorp Bank and Bendigo Bank customers.
A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is a fraud and security measure for over-the-counter purchases, and ATM and branch usage. For security reasons, you should not write your PIN on your credit card or on any item you normally carry with your card.
- To easily set up or change your credit card PIN, register or log into Suncorp Internet Banking and go to Credit Card Services>Card Services>Change Card PIN.
- If you know your existing credit card PIN, you can also change it at a Suncorp ATM.
- Alternatively, you can call us on 1300 203 074 to request a new credit card PIN to be sent via mail. Please ensure you have your credit card number on hand.