Why choose a Business Saver Account?
A Business Saver account is an online savings account where you can earn high interest on every dollar, with no account-keeping fee. It’s a great opportunity to earn money on your quarterly Business Activity Statement money in preparation for your tax return.
- $0 monthly account keeping fees
- Get a great interest rate on your excess funds
- Access even higher interest rates with our flexiRates option
- An unlimited number of fee-free electronic deposits and electronic transactions between Suncorp accounts
- Compatible with Self-Managed Super Funds
FlexiRates Interest Rates
*External transfers include funds transfer, immediate or future dates (internet and staff assisted) from a Suncorp account to an account at another financial institution that participates in BECS.
You can apply online if you are:
- A sole trader/joint account
- A Company (LTD or PTY LTD)
- A Trust - Individuals(s) as Trustee
- Any of the above trading as a registered business
- A Trust - Company (LTD or PTY LTD) as Trustee
Things you should know before you apply online:
- You need to be an Australian Business.
- You need to be the Business Owner/Director/Trustee.
- If you are a Trust, we'll need a certified copy of your trust deed.
- Businesses/Companies with up to 4 owners/directors can apply online. If you have more than 4, you can complete a Paper Application and apply at your nearest Suncorp Bank branch.
- The names of all Authorised Persons/Trustees listed on this application need to appear in the ASIC Company/Business search as a Director, Secretary, Owner, Beneficial Owner or as a Trustee on the Trust Deed. Please note: If we cannot verify the names against the search or Trust Deed, we'll forward your application to your nearest Suncorp Bank Branch.
- All Authorised Persons/Trustees will be assigned full authority to use the account. This includes making changes to the account as well as performing financial transactions. If you need to make changes to these authorities, just visit your local branch.
Applying in a Branch
Come into any of our branches and our staff will be happy to help. To save time, you can complete these forms before you come in:
- Non-Personal Application Form - details of the account(s) you’d like to open.
- Additional Owners and Authorised Persons Form - for any additional persons required on the account.
If you have any questions, please call us on 13 11 55 so we can help.
Identification requirements for all new customers
Check the Identification Checklist to find out which forms of ID you’ll need. This will vary depending on the type of business you have.
Each Owner and Authorised Person will also need to provide Acceptable Identification.
If required, you should get your documents certified by the following acceptable certifiers.
Boost your savings with flexiRates
Earn higher interest by choosing to lock a portion of the money in your savings account away for up to 12 months.
flexiRates can easily be set up and managed in Internet Banking.
flexiRates are available on the 55 Plus account, eOptions Online Savings Account and Everyday Options Sub-Account.
Ready to apply?
* Special 2.25% p.a. offer available for new Suncorp Business Saver Accounts opened between Friday, 1 March 2019 and Sunday, 30 June 2019. Upon opening the account an interest rate of 2.25% p.a. will be applied to the balance until Monday, 15 July 2019. The interest rate will then revert to the standard variable interest rate applicable to a Suncorp Business Saver Account.
Business Saver Account is issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No: 229882 (“Suncorp Bank”). Other Fees and charges may apply. Please read the Product Information Document before making any decision regarding this product. For a paper copy visit your local branch or contact us on 13 11 55.
flexiRates allow you to earn higher interest rates by locking away a portion of your savings within your account for periods up to 12 months.
Self-Managed Super Funds
Self-managed super funds (SMSFs) are a way of saving for your retirement. You're in control – you make the investment decisions for the fund and are responsible for complying with the super and tax laws.
A flexiRate locks allows you to lock away a portion of your savings at a higher rate of interest.