Visa Debit Cards
Shop online, overseas, or ‘wave and go’ with Visa payWave.
A quick and convenient way to pay with your own money
Visa Debit cards come with Visa payWave technology for 'wave and go' payments, a quick and convenient way to pay with your own money wherever Visa is accepted. Visa Debit cards are linked with Everyday Basics, Everyday Options, Cash Management, and 55 Plus transaction accounts.
- Use your Visa Debit card to withdraw money at ATMs and EFTPOS machines.
- Make purchases online, in person or over the phone.
- Visa payWave is a contactless payment method which offers a quick and easy way to pay for items under $100. You can pay for purchases $100 and over with payWave, you just need to enter a PIN to authorise the transaction.
- You’re covered by Visa’s Zero Liability policy for unauthorised transactions.
- Your card is embedded with the latest EMV microchip technology, which provides both data protection and transaction security, for greater protection against fraud.
- Shopping online is covered by Verified by Visa. When you're shopping online with your Suncorp Bank Clear Options Credit Card at retailers who have signed up to Verified by Visa, you may be asked to enter an SMS code before finalising your purchase. This ensures only you, the authorised cardholder, can use your Suncorp Bank Clear Options Credit Card to make online purchases.
- Exclusive entertainment offers on concerts, theatre, movies, sporting and lifestyle events with Visa Entertainment.
Make sure you are eligible
- To have a Suncorp Bank Visa Debit card you'll need to apply for an Everyday Basics, Everyday Options, Cash Management, or 55 Plus transaction account. Account owners must be 11 years or older (unless otherwise stated on the Product Information Document) and a permanent resident of Australia.
- To be eligible for a Suncorp Bank Visa Debit card you must be 16 years of age or over and a permanent resident of Australia. If you are not eligible, you will receive a Suncorp Bank eftpos card instead.
Visa Zero Liability
Cardholder’s liability is limited to zero for unauthorised transactions, provided the cardholder notifies Suncorp Bank of unauthorised Visa transactions, and there is no evidence of cardholder negligence, fraud or collusion.
- Withdrawing money is free from Suncorp ATMs, rediATMs, and the ATMs of any Big 4 bank.
- Foreign currency conversion fee for Visa is 3% of the converted Australian Dollar transaction amount, made or charged to your account.
- Cash advance at non-Suncorp Bank institutions is $5 per $1000 advanced or part thereof via an over-the-counter transaction through an overseas or other-bank ATM.
The combined cash out and withdrawal limit for ATMs and EFTPOS is $1,000 per day per card. This limit can be increased to $2,000 per day per card by contacting us on 13 11 55 or visiting your local Suncorp Bank store. Please be aware by increasing the cash withdrawal limit, you will increase your liability in the event of unauthorised transactions.
Disputing a transaction
As a Visa Debit cardholder, if you believe a transaction was not authorised or processed in accordance with your authority, you may have a right to recover the value of the transaction in accordance with the chargeback rules. Common chargeback reasons include unauthorised transaction, not receiving goods or services, duplicated transactions, cancelled membership or subscription, or a refund not being processed.
If you wish to dispute a transaction, you should tell us as soon as you notice the transaction in your transaction history or statement.
You’ll need to complete a Visa Debit Dispute form. You can submit your completed form in the following ways:
- In person at your local Suncorp Bank branch
- By post to: 4RE011 GPO Box 1453 Brisbane Qld 4001
- By fax to 07 3031 2328
If the transaction is unauthorised, contact us on 13 11 55 immediately.
Banking products issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No. 229882 Australian Credit Licence 229882 (Suncorp Bank). Please read the Product Information Document before making any decisions regarding these products. Terms and conditions, fees and charges may apply and are available on request.
Visa functionality provided by Visa Inc.