Suncorp Bank Apple Pay™ Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: 03 April 2018
1. Agreement to these Terms and Conditions
1.1. You agree that you accept these Terms and Conditions by adding your eligible Suncorp Bank Card to Apple Pay on an eligible Apple Device.
1.2. These Terms and Conditions apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts. It is important that you read both documents together. Where inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts, these Terms and Conditions apply in respect of your use of Apple Pay.
2. Apple Pay provided by Apple
2.1. Apple Pay is provided by Apple, not by Suncorp Bank.
2.2. Suncorp Bank is not liable for the use, functionality or availability of Apple Pay, any Apple Device or any disruption caused from the availability of contactless merchant terminals or reduced service levels caused by the failure of telecommunications networks.
2.3. You must agree to Apple’s terms and conditions in order to register and use Apple Pay.
3. Using your Suncorp Bank Card with Apple Pay
3.1. Your Suncorp Bank Card can be registered with Apple Pay to make contactless payments to retailers. It may be used within Apple Pay to pay for in-app purchases.
3.2. To add your Suncorp Bank Card, you must follow the procedures provided by Suncorp Bank. In doing so, we may require you to adequately identify yourself via a variety of mechanisms to authenticate your request to register your Suncorp Bank Card with Apple Pay. If we cannot authenticate your request to our satisfaction or if we suspect that there may be attempted fraud, we may decline the request to add your Suncorp Bank Card to Apple Pay.
3.3. Once your Suncorp Bank Card is registered with Apple Pay, you can use your Apple Device to authorise transactions on your account.
3.4. You need to select your Suncorp Bank Card as your default card within Apple Pay for Apple Pay to use your Suncorp Bank Card when completing a transaction.
3.5. Depending on the dollar value of the transaction, you may be required enter your Suncorp Bank Card PIN in order to authenticate a transaction at a contactless payment terminal:
3.6. The transaction limits that apply to your Card do not change as a result of your adding your Card to Apple Pay.
3.7. Apple Pay may not be accepted outside of Australia, or at all places where your Suncorp Bank Card is accepted.
4. Suspension or Termination of Apple Pay
4.1. Suncorp Bank may suspend or terminate your use of Apple Pay if:
- your Suncorp Bank Card is cancelled, blocked or suspended;
- you breach these Terms and Conditions or the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts;
- we, Apple or a card network provider reasonably suspects fraud;
- if we are required to do so under any legislation or law, or if required to by a regulatory or government body;
- if our arrangements with Apple regarding Apple Pay cease or are suspended; and
- for any other reason we deem appropriate.
4.2. You may remove your Suncorp Bank Card from Apple Pay by following the instructions provided on your device by Apple.
5. Applicable Fees and Charges
5.1. Suncorp Bank does not charge any additional fees for adding or using a Suncorp Bank Card with Apple Pay.
5.2. All applicable fees relating to your Account as specified in the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts, Product Information Document, Product Disclosure Statement and the Lending Fees and Charges Booklet still apply.
5.3. By using Apple Pay, you may incur third party charges such as carrier or mobile data charges, which you are responsible for.
6. Data Collection and Privacy
6.1. You agree that we may exchange information relating to your Apple Device on which your Suncorp Bank Card is registered and disclose your transaction history to Apple in order to facilitate your Apple Pay experience.
6.2. Apple may also use your personal information for different purposes. Please review Apple’s terms and condition and privacy policies carefully.
6.3. We may also exchange your information with other service providers (such as Visa) in order to facilitate any purchase you initiate via Apple Pay.
6.4. By registering your Suncorp Bank Card with Apple Pay, you are providing consent for your information to be shared with these parties.
6.5. The Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts contain additional information about our collection and handling of your personal information.
7. Suncorp Bank’s Liability
7.1. Suncorp Bank will not be liable for any loss arising from your use of Apple Pay to the extent the loss was caused by:
- Your fraud; or
- Your use of Apple Pay or the Apple Device in a manner not permitted by Apple (for example, by obtaining root access to your Apple Device); or
- Subject to your rights under the ePayments Code, a reduced level of service caused by matters beyond our reasonable control (for example, those caused by third party software and network providers).
8. Security and associated Liability
8.1. If your Suncorp Bank Card is registered for Apple Pay on an eligible Apple Device, it is your responsibility to ensure that:
- where the Apple Device is accessible via a biometric identifier (such as a fingerprint), only your biometric identifier is registered on the device;
- any biometric identifier of another person saved on your Apple Device is removed immediately;
- where the Apple Device is accessible via a Passcode, the Passcode is kept secure, in the same way as you would a PIN or other banking password. The Passcode must not be disclosed to anyone, kept with the Apple Device or in anything with which the Apple Device is stored;
- any Passcode selected do not represent your date of birth, be a series of consecutive numbers, the same numbers as your driver’s licence number or an alphabetic code that is a recognisable part of your name. For more information on selecting your Passcode and keeping it secure, refer to the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts.
- you take immediate actions to change the Passcode if you believe the security of your Passcode has been compromised;
- you do not act with extreme carelessness in failing to protect the security of your Passcode;
- the Apple Device is locked at all times when not in use and is not left unattended in a non-secure environment; and
- you remove any Suncorp Bank Cards from the Apple Device before disposing of it.
8.2. You must notify us immediately if:
- your Apple Device is lost or stolen; or
- you believe the security of your Apple Device has been compromised or that an unauthorised person has access to the Apple Device credentials used to access Apple Pay.
8.3. You must not voluntarily disclose one or more of Your Passcode to anyone, including a family member or friend.
8.4. You can record Your Passcode to help You remember it but it must be reasonably disguised. You should NOT:
- put Your Passcode on Your Apple Device even if You disguise it;
- reverse the order of the Passcode;
- say a disguised number is Your Passcode;
- disguise Your Passcode as a telephone number;
- replace Your Passcode with letters (e.g. A=1, B=2, C=3);
- write numbers that contain the same sequence of numbers as Your Passcode;
- record it on a computer or electronic Device where it can easily be retrieved; or
- keep a record of it in close proximity to where it can be obtained with the access method (for example next to Your Apple Device) unless You make a reasonable attempt to protect the security of the Passcode.
8.5. These are examples only. There are other ways that You should not use to disguise Passcodes so as to make Your Passcode obvious to another person.
8.6. Your liability for losses arising from an unauthorised transaction will be determined under the ePayments Code (refer to clause 20.14 to clause 20.16 of the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts).
8.7. If you no longer wish to use a Suncorp Bank Card with Apple Pay, you should remove the Card from Apple Pay.
8.8. You can ensure that your Suncorp Bank Card cannot be used with Apple Pay on your Apple Device by:
- signing out of iCloud;
- undertaking a full restore and backup Apple Device;
- removing your Passcode, fingerprint recognition or other unlock method from your Apple Device; or
- erasing your Apple Device on Apple “Find My iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac”.
8.9. If you fail to comply with any of the requirements stated in this clause 8, you are taken to have authorised any transaction that is made using Apple Pay on your Apple Device and such transaction will not be deemed an unauthorised transaction under the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts.
9. Electronic Communications
9.1. You agree that we may contact you electronically (for example via SMS, e-mail or notifications in app), and that such electronic communication will be considered written notice for the purpose of these Terms and Conditions.
10. Changes to these Terms and Conditions
10.1. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time and subject to any applicable law or code, we will provide you with advance notice in accordance with the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts.
10.2. Notice may be provided electronically (as set out in clause 9) or by another means permitted under the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts.
10.3. You agree to any such changes by continuing to keep your Suncorp Bank Card registered in Apple Pay.
11.1. Apple, Apple Pay and associated logos are trademarks of Apple Inc.
12. Severability and Governing Law
12.1. If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions (or part of provisions) will continue in full force and effect.
12.2. These terms are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia and you and Suncorp Bank agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
13.1. The following definitions apply within these Terms & Conditions:
- Apple Device means a device such as an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or Mac using an Apple operating system, which Suncorp Bank determines is eligible for the registration of Suncorp Bank Cards to be used in Apple Pay.
- Apple “Find My iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac” means an Apple application created by Apple which allows users to locate, lock, ring and erase Apple Devices remotely.
- Apple Pay means the mobile payment and digital wallet service created by Apple that lets users make payments using certain Apple Devices and credit cards or debit cards registered on such Apple Devices.
- Apple means Apple Pty Ltd ABN 46 002 510 054 and/or its related bodies corporate and affiliates.
- Passcode means anything required to unlock an Apple Device, including a password, passcode, pattern or biometric identifier (where applicable).
- Suncorp Bank means Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL 229882 ACL 229882, its successors and assigns.
- Suncorp Bank Card means any Visa debit card issued by Suncorp Bank to the extent that such card is available for use by you within Australia.
13.2. In the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts:
- Each reference to a Lost or Stolen Card include a lost or stolen Apple Device.
- Each reference to a Secret Code includes a reference to your Passcode.
13.3. Where not specified in the above clauses 13.1 and 13.2, definitions in the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts apply.
Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL 229882 Australian Credit Licence 229882