What happens if I forget my PIN or exceed my PIN tries when shopping?
You can reset your PIN via Internet Banking and Mobile Banking even if you have forgotten your card PIN.
To do so, simple log into your IB profile and select “Manage Accounts & Cards” or “Manage Cards” from Suncorp Mobile Banking App. From here you can follow these steps to complete the PIN update:
- Select the card to manage (Suncorp Mobile Banking App only)
- Select Update Card PIN
- You will be presented with a step to send a verification code to your registered mobile phone
- You will receive an SMS showing a verification code
- Enter the verification code (once)
- If the verification code is correct, the system will then prompt you to enter a new PIN
- Enters your new PIN (twice to ensure accuracy), press Update PIN
- You will then see a display on the screen showing “your PIN has been updated” message
If you do not wish to use an online channel to set your new PIN you can choose to have a PIN mailed to you. To request a new PIN simply visit a Store or Call us on 13 11 55 to have your new PIN mailed to you. Once you receive your PIN you will be able to change the PIN at all Suncorp store ATMs and some rediATMs (to find a Store or ATM near you visit the locate us page)
If you enter an incorrect PIN three times, your card will be ‘blocked’ from further use. When your card is locked, you won’t be able to use your card for any purchases, even if you enter the correct PIN.