Can I stop a pending transaction in my account?
When a transaction is pending on a Visa Card, we’re unable to prevent that transaction from being deducted from your account. However, if a transaction is finalised through your account, you can dispute it by completing a Visa dispute form.
If the payment is being held in error, the merchant may not finalise the transaction and the amount may be returned into your account automatically. It generally takes up to 10 business days for the authorisation to be released back to the account, although this time period may be longer depending on the type of merchant that has processed the transaction.
Commonly asked questions
- What is a security token and how do I order one?
- Where is my nearest ATM?
- How do I find a cash and cheque deposit ATM?
- What do I do if I've forgotten my customer ID?
- Why am I having difficulty logging onto Internet Banking?
- I need a copy of my eStatments, where can I get them?
- What is my Internet Banking Customer ID?