How secure is a Samsung Pay transaction?
Samsung Pay transactions are secured by a number of security features, including Tokenization, a Secure Environment and Samsung Knox. Tokenization replaces your real payment card information with a device-specific ‘Token’, making sure that your actual details aren’t stored anywhere on your phone. A Secure Environment is a chip in your phone which secures access to highly sensitive information, including your fingerpint and payment information. Samsung Knox then scans your device to see if it’s secure, and can permanently disable a device if it thinks its been compromised.
All purchases then need to be verified by either your fingerprint or a 4-digit PIN.
Commonly asked questions
- What is Samsung Pay and how do I pay with it?
- What devices can I use Samsung Pay with?
- What do I need to start using Samsung Pay?
- Can I use Samsung Pay overseas?
- Can I register the same card with more than one device using Samsung Pay?
- What happens if my phone is lost or stolen?
- What happens if I get a new Samsung device?