What we can do to help
We recognise that everyone’s situation and needs are different. If you tell us, or we recognise that you are affected by domestic and family violence, we can help you manage your finances and link you with other support services.
We will endeavour to:
- minimise the number of times that you need to disclose information about your situation
- refer you to specialist services if you request for us to do so, and
- engage with you with sensitivity, dignity, respect and compassion.
Protecting your personal information and communications
Protecting your privacy can be critical to your safety in any domestic and family violence situation.
Depending on your personal circumstances, we can:
- help you manage how your personal information is shared with or isolated from other parties, and
- discuss safe ways to communicate with you.
Precautions we take when communicating with you may include:
- finding a mutually appropriate time to talk on the phone, and
- assessing whether it’s safe to send text messages or leave voice messages on the phone.
If you are receiving harassing and intimidating messages in transactions via our online services, please contact us by phone on 13 11 55 or in person at a Suncorp Bank store when you feel it is safe to do so.
We can help you open another account — if you want to — to help protect your safety.
Access to other information and support
For a list of organisations that can help you access support and services, please visit our resources page.