Why choose the Suncorp Clear Options Platinum Credit Card?
Be rewarded for your purchases and enjoy premium benefits such as complimentary insurances. Plus, upgrade to our Qantas Frequent Flyer option for more benefits and rewards.
Suncorp Clear Options Platinum Credit Card
for 18 months on balance transfers (reverts to cash advance rate thereafter, currently 21.99% p.a. Note that no interest free days apply to retail purchases while you have a balance transfer.) 4
Up to 60,000 Bonus Reward Points
when you spend $1,500 each month for six months from card approval5
Our Suncorp Platinum Credit Card includes access to
And is protected by
Earning reward points
- Earn 1.25 reward points for every dollar spent. 3
- Earning points is easy when you use your card for everyday purchases like groceries, fuel and eating out. Redeem for your points for travel, merchandise, vouchers, gift cards and more.
Looking to earn Frequent Flyer Points?
Upgrade to the Suncorp Qantas Frequent Flyer Card for $49 p.a. and earn 0.5 Qantas Frequent Flyer points for every dollar spent (capped at $8,000 per statement period). 7
Redeeming reward points
As a Suncorp Rewards Member, you can redeem your points as often as you like for a Reward that suits you. There are two easy ways to redeem:
Online: View your points balance and redeem online through Suncorp Internet Banking - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
View the latest online rewards catalogue.
Phone: Call the Suncorp Bank Rewards Centre on 13 11 55 between Monday and Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please note - only the main cardholder and authorised persons may redeem Suncorp Reward points.
Terms and conditions, fees and charges apply and are available on request. Existing Suncorp Bank Credit Cardholders are not eligible to apply for introductory offers. Introductory offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other credit card introductory offers unless otherwise specified. Offers may be extended or withdrawn at any time without notice.
1. The interest free period applies when you pay your full closing balance from your last statement of account by the payment due date (excluding any fixed payment option balance which isn’t due for payment by that payment due date). No interest free period is available on cash advances or balance transfers. Whilst you have a balance transfer you will be charged interest on your daily unpaid balance.
2. Actual Credit Limit will be assigned based on Citigroup’s Credit Criteria, your credit rating and subject to confirmation that you earn a minimum of $35,000 p.a. for the Suncorp Clear Options Platinum Visa card.
3. For full terms and conditions of the Rewards Programs, please refer to the Suncorp Clear Options Credit Cards Rewards Terms and Conditions.
4. Your total balance transfers may not exceed 80% of your credit limit. The 0% p.a. interest rate applies to balances transferred with this offer, for a period of 18 months from the date the balance transfer is processed. At the end of the balance transfer period, the interest rate on any outstanding transferred balance will revert to the Annual Percentage Rate for Cash Advances, currently 21.99% p.a. for the Suncorp Clear Options Platinum card. Interest rates are variable and subject to change. The 0% p.a. balance transfer interest rate will not be valid for transfers from other Suncorp Bank Credit Cards. The interest rates are current as at 01/05/2018. Interest free days on purchases do not apply while you have a balance transfer on your account. There is no BT fee applicable to this promotional offer. For important information to consider before taking up a balance transfer, please see our Credit Card FAQs.
5. Bonus Reward Points can be earned on all Eligible Transactions, made in Australia and internationally for 6 months from account approval, up to a total of 60,000 bonus Reward Points. Bonus reward points will be credited to your Rewards Balance within 6-8 weeks of meeting the spend criteria. A maximum of 60,000 bonus Reward Points can be earned over the first 6 monthly statement cycles. If you do not meet the minimum spend for one monthly statement cycle, you forfeit the bonus Reward Points for that month, however you are still eligible for subsequent months 10,000 bonus Rewards Points if you meet the minimum spend within each monthly statement cycle within the promotional period. Bonus Reward Points are earned on Eligible Transactions made by both the Primary and Additional Account Holders. Please note that if you have a balance transfer, you will be charged interest on any spend that you make. For full terms and conditions of the Rewards Programs, please refer to the Suncorp Clear Options Rewards terms and conditions which are available at https://www.suncorp.com.au/banking/help-support/documents-forms.html. Certain transactions do not earn Reward Points. An Eligible Transaction means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Special Promotions, BPAY payments, purchases of foreign currency and travellers cheques, transactions made in operating a business, payments to other Suncorp Bank accounts, bank fees and charges such as interest and ATM charges, transactions made using Points and government related transactions. Please refer to the full definition of Eligible Transactions which is set out on page 3 of the Rewards Program terms and conditions, which provides further information on government related transactions in addition to how an Eligible Transaction will be determined. Different Reward Point earn rates apply to cardholders who enrol in the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards Program. This offer is not available on the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards Program. Offer is available to customers who submit their application by 30 June 2019. Offer may be extended. This offer is available on the Platinum Credit Card Only.
6. Complimentary insurance covers: Terms, limitations, conditions and exclusions apply. Refer to the Complimentary Insurance Description of Insurance Cover for further insurance. AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFSL 245631 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the insurer, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 has issued an insurance group policy to Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080 AFSL and Australian credit licence 238098 (Citigroup) which allows eligible Citigroup account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. Any advice on insurance is general advice only and not based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the Description of Insurance Cover Terms and Conditions which may be amended from time to time. Citigroup does not guarantee this insurance.
7. Rewards Points earn rates differ depending on which rewards program you are enrolled in. Customers receive 0.5 Qantas Frequent Flyer points for every $1 spent (capped at $8,000 per statement period). Certain transactions do not earn reward points. An Eligible Transaction means any purchase excluding (but not limited to) Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Special Promotions, BPAY payments, purchases of foreign currency and traveller cheques, transactions made in operating a business, payments to other Suncorp Bank accounts, bank fees and charges such as interest and ATM charges, transactions made using Points and government related transactions. Please refer to the full definition of Eligible Transactions which is set out on page 3 of the Rewards Program terms and conditions, which provides further information on government related transactions in addition to how an Eligible Transaction will be determined. Terms and Conditions of Suncorp Bank Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards Program apply. The Suncorp Clear Options primary cardholder must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points. A joining fee applies. Only Qantas Frequent Flyer points can be earned in Suncorp Bank Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards Program and are subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards Program. You can only be enrolled in one rewards program.
8. We charge you an international transaction fee of 3.4%, of which a 1% service and assessment fee is payable by us to Visa, for any retail purchase or cash advance transaction in; foreign currency, once converted to Australian dollars; and/or Australian dollars (or any other currency), when either the merchant or its financial institution/payment processor is located overseas. Note: It may not always be clear that the merchant or its financial institution/payment processor is located outside Australia.
9. The Annual Percentage Rate for cash advances for the Suncorp Clear Options Platinum card is currently 21.99% p.a. The Annual Percentage Rate for purchases is currently 20.74% p.a. Interest rates are variable and subject to change. Interest rates current as at 01/05/2018.
10. Exclusive Visa Entertainment Offers supplied by Visa. Visit www.visaentertainment.com.au for details.
Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian Credit Licence No. 238098 (Citigroup) is the credit provider and issuer of Suncorp Clear Options Credit Cards. Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722, Australian Credit Licence No. 229882 (Suncorp Bank) promotes and distributes Suncorp Clear Options Credit Cards on Citigroup’s behalf under an agreement with Citigroup. Suncorp Bank will not guarantee or otherwise support Citigroup’s obligations under the contracts or agreements connected with the Credit Cards (other than those relating to Suncorp Bank internet banking and telephone banking). Suncorp Bank has not assisted you to make this application and does not suggest you apply for any particular Suncorp Clear Options Credit Card type. Citigroup, not Suncorp Bank, will be assessing your application.