Carbon Insights Main and Sub-Accounts
With this online-only transaction account, you can view an estimate of carbon emissions for your transactions, calculated by matching each transaction to an industry, and multiplying spend by an average emission factor for that industry.2
Everyday Options Main and Sub-Accounts
Bank online, in branch and by phone plus you can spend, save and budget better with sub-accounts and flexiRates.
Business Premium Account
The everyday transaction account for just about every business.
Business Saver Account
An online savings account that works for your business.
How can I view and manage my flexiRates?
Money in flexiRates is not included in your Available Balance. It is kept separate from your available funds as it has been fixed for the flexiRate period. In the Suncorp App you can view your total held in flexiRates below your Available Balance.
Interest is calculated daily and paid at the end of the flexiRate period. Once you set up a flexiRate, your interest is fixed and guaranteed, provided the nominated period is completed.
Yep! You can request that your flexiRate period ends before the nominated end date, enabling you to access your funds. You can only request the release of your entire flexiRate balance; that is, you can’t request early access to just a portion of your flexiRate balance.
As flexiRate interest is calculated for a fixed term, there will be an interest adjustment if the flexiRate is released early.
The early release option is provided on a best-endeavour basis, but may not be available in all circumstances.
The interest adjustment is the percentage of the interest earned to date that you will lose in the event we agree to you releasing your flexiRate early. The interest adjustment is made according to the proportion of the term completed as outlined in the table below.
The interest adjustment amount applied depends on how early in the flexiRate term you request to release your funds. The interest adjustment does not impact on your original flexiRate balance. It simply reduces the amount of interest you will receive.
To set up flexiRates through the Suncorp App:
- Open up the app and tap through to your accounts.
- Select the account you’d like to set up a flexiRate and then select ‘Account details’.
- Tap the + button that says ‘Add flexiRate’, and then type in the dollar figure you’d like to lock away.
- Next, select set your desired flexiRate term and then the end instructions for the flexiRate period.
- Confirm the details of your flexiRate then tap ‘Submit now’.
To set up flexiRates through Internet Banking:
- Log in to Internet Banking and select ‘Manage my flexiRates’ from the main menu.
- Click ‘Setup new flexiRate’ and then select the account you’d like to set up a flexiRate for.
- Type in the dollar figure you’d like to lock away, followed by your desired term.
- From here, you’ll be given the option to have your funds released back into your account at the end of the nominated period or for your flexiRate to be automatically renewed for the same period (if available).
- Select ‘Next’ to review your flexiRate details before clicking ‘Confirm’, then you’re good to go!
Head to the flexiRates page for more information and to see our current interest rates.
Deposit Products are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd (“Suncorp Bank”) ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No 229882. Please read the relevant Product Information Document and Terms & Conditions before opening an account. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply and are available on request.
2. The carbon emissions data provided is an estimate only and calculated using data provided by Cogo (a third party provider) relating to industry averages of carbon emissions per dollar spent for different merchant types (Industry Data). Calculations are based on averages only and are not specific to each item purchased at individual merchants and do not reflect individual merchants sustainability practices.
flexiRates are available with: Everyday Options Account, Carbon Insights Account, Business Saver Account and Business Premium Account.
Your interest will however be adjusted if you request to release your flexiRate early. This simply reduces the amount of interest you’ll receive and doesn’t impact the amount that you originally put in.
flexiRates allows you to earn higher interest rates by locking away a portion of your savings for periods up to 12 months.
Interest is calculated on a ‘stepped’ basis, which means you'll earn interest based on the parts of your account balance which fall within a set dollar and interest rate range. Please see the interest rate tab for rates across all account balances. Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly.
flexiRate rates allow you to earn higher interest rates by locking away a portion of your savings within your account for periods up to 12 months.