Why choose the Everyday Basics Account?
With the convenience of Visa payWave and our award-winning Mobile App, the Everyday Basics account allows you to access your money when and where you want it. And with no account-keeping or transaction fees, you can shop online, make payments, or transfer and withdraw funds as often as you need.
Includes over 1,500 Suncorp Bank & Bendigo Bank ATMs
payWave accepted for purchases over $100, however you’ll be required to enter your PIN.
- $0 monthly account-keeping fees
- Fee-free withdrawals plus quick cash and cheque deposits via our ATM network
- No minimum balance required
- Visa Debit Card with payWave for faster purchases under $100
With so many ways to access your money
Plus, no more awkward moments with our BillSplitter
There's no interest paid on money in this account however, if you're saving for a goal and would like to earn interest, you may also like to open a Suncorp eOptions Account.
Applying online is simple and takes less than 10 minutes. If you’re a single applicant and have sufficient ID, we should be able to verify your identity online and provide you with immediate access to your new account. Make sure you are at least 18 years old and a permanent Australian resident with an Australian residential address. Existing Suncorp Bank customers can save time and apply directly via Internet Banking.
- Your passport
- Your drivers licence
- A valid email address
Joint applicants may apply online however you will both need to visit a branch or Australia Post office to verify your ID before you receive full access to your account.
Applying in branch
We will need to confirm your identity when you visit the branch so please take a moment to read our personal identification requirements.
Make sure you are eligible
- Account owners must be 11 years or older (unless otherwise stated on the Product Information Document) and a permanent resident of Australia.
- To be eligible for a Suncorp Bank Visa Debit card you must be 16 years of age or over and a permanent resident of Australia. If you are not eligible, you will receive a Suncorp Bank eftpos card instead.
Deposit Products are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd (“Suncorp Bank”) ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No 229882. Please read the relevant Product Information Document for Suncorp Bank Personal Deposit Accounts and the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Accounts before making any decision regarding this product. These documents are available at Suncorp Bank stores or at www.suncorp.com.au/banking/help-support/documents-forms.html.