Why choose our Variable Rate Personal Loan?
With so much flexibility
- Choose weekly, fortnightly, or monthly repayments
- Repay your loan over 1 – 7 years
- Make extra repayments at no extra charge
- Option to set up automatic or direct salary transfers for simple, convenient repayments
If you are considering refinancing an existing personal loan from another institution, we can help you do this too. Simply contact us on 13 11 75.
Personal Loans are available to residents of QLD, NSW, ACT, SA, WA, VIC, and TAS who can settle their loan at a Suncorp Bank branch.
To apply for a Personal Loan you must also be:
- 18 years or older
- an Australian resident
- earning a minimum net income of $25,000 per year
- able to meet the repayments
- looking to borrow more than $5,000
Preparing your application
You can apply for a Variable Rate Personal Loan over the phone.
If you’re not an existing Suncorp Bank customer we are required to obtain suitable identification documentation from you before we can open an account. Pease read our Identification Requirements for more details.
You will also need to demonstrate your ability to make the loan repayments.
Proof of income
You’ll need to have one of the following:
- Your most recent pay slip showing at least 3 months year to date income
- Your individual tax return or financial statements for the past 2 years if you are self-employed
- Your rental invoice or tenancy agreement (real estate managed only) showing rental income
If you’re refinancing existing debt, you’ll also need some additional documentation.
Proof of your current liabilities
- Last credit card and/or Store card statements
- Last personal loan statement showing 6 months of transactions (if it is not a Suncorp loan)
Proof of non-Suncorp savings (if you have them)
- Savings account statements
- Term Deposit statements
- Managed fund statements
Ready to apply?
Consumer Credit Insurance for additional protection
When you qualify for a personal loan with us, you may also like to consider Consumer Credit Insurance for additional loan protection. From as little as 50c per week, you your Personal Loan repayments may be covered in the event of disability or death. For your convenience, the cost of your insurance is included in your monthly loan repayment. Simply check the Consumer Credit Insurance option when completing your online personal loan application and we’ll contact you with a no obligation quote.
* This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as early repayment fees and cost savings such as fee waivers are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan. Comparison rate is based on a $30,000 loan over 5 years. Rates subject to change.
^ Approval is not instant and is subject to Suncorp Bank’s standard lending criteria.
Loans are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 Australian Credit Licence number 229882 (“Suncorp Bank”). To approved applicants only. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply and are available on request.
The Personal Property Securities Register
The Personal Property Securities Register (PPSR) is a national online register that can provide information to help protect consumers when they are buying personal property such as cars, boats or artworks (not including land or buildings). If you are buying a car privately you should conduct a search and check that there is no money owing on the car.
Competitive Variable Interest Rate
A rate that ‘varies’ in line with market conditions.
Next Working Day Conditional Approval
Provided the information you supplied in your application is correct and you can prove that to us.
A comparison rate is a rate that indicates the true cost of a loan. This rate incorporates certain fees and charges that are applicable for the chosen product.