Damage by an animal


Australia is famous for its wildlife, with some creatures being particularly infamous for their cheekiness. Unfortunately, there are instances where these cheeky critters become accidentally trapped inside your home and run amok, and cause damage. Thankfully, there are instances where Suncorp Insurance can cover this loss or damage.

What policy covers damage by an animal?



Classic Extras


Classic Advantages


What’s covered

If your home and/or contents suffers loss or damage that’s caused by an animal not living at or invited onto the property, becoming accidentally trapped inside the home, then you can lodge a claim.

What’s not covered?

There are instances when you are not covered if the damage or loss is caused by:

  • An animal owned by you or owned by someone living or staying at the insured address;
  • An animal allowed onto the insured address by you or someone living or staying at the insured address;
  • Insects, vermin, or rodents.

If you would like to learn more about this coverage or the other events we provide coverage for loss or damage, then you can find this in the Product Disclosure Statement.