Items that are part of a unit

What’s not covered

We do not cover any item which is legally part of a unit (lot) in a building under the relevant state or territory law as contents. That is, we do not cover anything that is common property and that which does not rest within lot entitlement or ownership.

For example, in New South Wales, wall paint and paper are considered contents since they are considered within lot entitlement and not common property (the building or structure), but this application is for units only.

You can learn more about Suncorp’s Contents Insurance and coverage exclusions in the Product Disclosure Statement.