Financial relief for Suncorp customers affected by North Queensland floods
2 February 2019
Suncorp has announced a financial assistance package for customers impacted by the severe weather and floods in North Queensland.
Suncorp CEO Banking & Wealth David Carter said Suncorp was committed to supporting customers experiencing difficult times.
“Suncorp’s financial relief package provides customers with flexible finance options during times of hardship due to extreme weather events, including the severe floods we’re seeing in North Queensland,” Mr Carter said.
“We encourage customers who have been impacted to contact us, so we can discuss the measures available to support them.”
Effective immediately, Suncorp Bank is offering the following relief assistance options to impacted customers:
- An opportunity to defer scheduled loan repayments (including interest only) on a case-by-case basis
- Existing loan rearranging (for example, principal and interest to interest only) with the waiver of establishment fees
- Waive early withdrawal fees for customers wishing to withdraw from term deposits and/or Farm Management Deposits
- Refund of merchant rental fees for a period
- Credit card repayment relief where necessary
- Increasing emergency credit card limits
- Working capital assistance
- No interest rate increases