Natural Disaster Checklist
There's only one thing more terrifying than mother nature, and that's finding out your insurance doesn't cover it. Check out the home facts here, and why having insurance you can trust is a real must have.
Prepare for the unexpected
- Review you home and contents insurance regularly and ensure you have adequate cover
- Clean drains, gutters and downpipes regularly
- Bring loose objects inside, or tie them down
- Ensure your mobile phone battery is full (and use it sparingly in the case of a storm)
- Assemble an Emergency Kit for your family
- Keep a list of emergency contact numbers handy
- Plan what you will do in an emergency, indentifying the nearest safe ground
- Buy emergency supplies of fresh water, batteries, candles and non-perishable foods.