Funeral Insurance claims
Need to make a claim or track an existing claim?
It's ok, that's why you have insurance, we're here to help.
To lodge your claim, one of our friendly staff will be there to take care of your nominated beneficiaries or your legal personal representative. Please have the policy number on hand as well as date and cause of death. During the phone call we will take your representative through a few questions and declarations. At the end of the call we will email through the information we require which will need to be returned to us as soon as possible. If you are lodging an Early Benefit Payment claim we will require forms to be completed, we will provide these to you
Gather required info
- Certified copy of the death certificate or proof of passing;
- Certified proof of identity for both Life Insured and Beneficiary/Joint policy owner (birth certificate, driver’s license or passport);
- Completed claim form by you and your medical practitioner
- Certified proof of identity ( birth certificate, driver’s license or passport)
Track your insurance claim
We know you want your claim to be sorted as quickly as possible. Your dedicated claims advisor will keep you updated of your claim’s progress, however if you still have questions please call
The time a claim can take to be assessed, depends on the claim type, circumstances and how quickly you were able to get all of your required documents to us.
Your dedicated claims advisor will keep you updated of the progress and will assess your claim as quickly as possible. View our claim process.
If you still have questions about your claim please call
At Suncorp we know that claim time is our moment of truth. It's when the cover that you placed with us really kicks in. We see it as delivering on a promise that we made to you - a promise to protect you and your family financially.
When you make a claim
- We will assign you a case manager to explain the process in a simple and clear manner
- We recognise that your circumstances are unique and we will treat you as an individual to support you through the process
- We assess and pay claims that meet policy terms as quickly as possible
- We will keep you updated on the progress of your claim with regular transparent communication
Working with you
- We seek to understand and meet your needs to provide a caring, responsive, fair and honest service.
- We are open to new ideas and continuous improvement and appreciate your feedback
- The Health Benefits of Work are widely recognised so if you require assistance to return to work after an injury or illness we will assist you with this in full consultation with your treating practitioners.
- We strive to make a significant contribution in the wider community and to make a positive difference to the lives of those whom we can assist.
Our Claims Team
- We are real people who want to help you with your claim and we do care about your experience with us
- We believe our people make the difference at claim time – friendly, helpful and professional.
Reviewing our Decisions
There are times when a policy may not support the payment of a claim. Our promise to you is that updates will be provided right up until we make our decision. We do have a robust claims review process which ensures all claims decisions can be independently reviewed.