Frequently asked questions about Motorhome Insurance
Many of your general questions can be answered here.
If you have a specific question regarding your own policy, please contact us
We offer a number of features as part of your comprehensive motorhome insurance:
- If your motorhome is up to 2 years old and you are the first owner (or you purchased your motorhome as an ‘ex demonstration’ model from a licensed motorhome dealer who was the first registered owner of the motorhome), we will replace it with a new one that we consider to be the same or a similar make or model, where your motorhome is lost or damaged in an insured incident and we agree to pay your claim as a total loss.
- Contents cover up to $1,000 (unless you have taken out the optional cover ‘Increased contents cover’ and this is shown on your certificate of insurance).
- Emergency repairs up to $1,000.
- Temporary accommodation costs – if your motorhome is not your usual home up to $150 per day for up to 14 days if you are more than 100kms from your home.
- Temporary accommodation costs – if your motorhome is your usual home up to $150 per day for up to 30 days.
- We cover the daily hire cost of a ‘compact’ category hire car if your motorhome is stolen or damaged for up to 21 days or until your motorhome is returned undamaged, repaired or we settle your claim, whichever is earlier.
- Cover up to $1000 for loss or damage to your two wheel trailer attached to your motorhome.
- Cover for motor burnout for motors in your motorhome or motorhome contents up to 15 years old.
For full details, including conditions, exclusions and limits please read the PDS.