How affordable is Life Insurance?
It's a common misconception that insurance is expensive, when in fact not having insurance could cost you and your family everything. Most people are surprised to learn that life insurance is cheaper than they think.
When it comes to seeking out low cost life insurance, it pays to do your homework. After all, not all insurance cover is the same and a product may appear to be cheap simply because it offers a limited range of features and benefits. While saving a few dollars a week may seem attractive now, it may lead to disappointment later on when it really matters – at claim time.
Because it’s at claim time when insurance demonstrates its true value. Whether it’s a lump sum payment or regular monthly income, you can use the proceeds of an insurance payout to:
- Pay off the mortgage and other debts
- Meet ongoing household expenses
- Fund medical treatment or rehabilitation costs
- Pay for school and uni fees
- Pay for extra child care or home services
- Fund a lifestyle change
- Cover the cost of funeral expenses.
In the unfortunate event that you need to make a claim, you’ll probably think taking out life insurance was the best financial decision you’ve ever made.
Where can I find cheap life insurance?
The good news is ... it’s not too hard to find quality, affordable life insurance cover. Suncorp offers Life Protect insurance, which enables you to save money on premiums now while still getting quality cover that provides the protection you need if life takes a turn for the worse.
Suncorp Life Protect provides cover of up to $1,000,000, with premium rates starting from less than $3* a week. That’s affordable life insurance, and a great way for you to help protect the ones you love.
* Cover from $2.28 a week for $100,000, female aged 25-27 yrs old, non-smoker. Underwriting applies. Conditions, limits, and exclusions on cover may apply and are explained in the PDS. You have 30 days from the Policy Commencement Date to check that this insurance meets your needs. This is the 'cooling off' period