How do I find my VIN?
Every vehicle has its own unique Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Each VIN is 17 characters long, and can be used when tracking recalls, registrations, warranties, claims and theft. You can find your VIN in a few places inside and outside your vehicle:
- Where the corner of the dashboard meets the windshield on the driver’s side.
- On the door post (where the door latches when it’s closed) on the driver’s side.
- At the front of the engine block (under your bonnet).
- At the front end of frame behind the driver’s side tyre.
- Inside the driver’s side door jamb (where the door connects to the body of the car).
If all else fails and you still can’t locate it, you can check your vehicle’s registration certificate or the owner’s manual (if you have it). You can also call the dealership or the manufacturer, give them the model and make and they’ll be able to tell you where the VIN is located.