Know how to bank safely
While we take every precaution to protect your personal and banking details, you also play an important role in protecting your information. Knowing how to bank safely could save you a big headache down the road.
- Watch the applications you install on your mobile phone. Always make sure you download the Suncorp App from either suncorp.com.au or official app stores for Apple and Android.
- Set up a PIN or passcode on your device. Make sure this identification is different to your Suncorp Bank PIN or passcode.
- Make sure only your fingerprints are registered to your device.
- Don’t store or save personal information such as account numbers, customers IDs, Passwords or passcodes on your mobile device.
- If you lose your mobile device, change your Internet Banking password immediately. If you use the Suncorp App/Suncorp Mobile Banking App, please contact us immediately.
Find out more about mobile banking.
- Always access Internet Banking manually via suncorp.com.au or suncorpbank.com.au. Never access Internet Banking via a link in an email.
- Always check to see the address for Internet Banking starts with https:// and has a padlock in the browser.
- Avoid using shared computers such as internet cafes to do your banking.
- Always log out properly when using a shared or public computer.
- If you’ve opened an eStatement while using Internet Banking on a shared computer, make sure your statement is not saved to the shared computer’s drives or desktop.
- Check your transaction history and last log in details regularly. If something looks suspicious, please contact us immediately.
Find out more about Internet Banking.
- Keep your Telephone Access Code (TAC) secret.
- We will never ask for your TAC or ask you to email your TAC. Never disclose it to anyone if asked.
- If another person needs to access your accounts, consider allowing ‘information only access’ that allows the third party to only hear balances, but not transactions. This is also available for Internet Banking. please contact us for more information.
Find out more about phone banking.
Cards and ATMs
- Sign any new cards as soon as you receive them.
- Always carry your cards in a safe place.
- Destroy your card when it expires.
- If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, please contact us immediately.
- Fraud can sometimes happen at ATMs. If anything seems suspicious or out of the ordinary, don’t complete the transaction. For more information on ATM security, go to our ATM security and skimming page.
- Protect yourself by updating your card security settings.
Bank statements and chequebooks
- Sign-up to receive your statements online for eligible accounts. This can help protect you from identity theft. Learn more about identity theft in this FAQ.
- Always check your bank statements and ensure that you can account for every transaction, call us on 13 11 55 if you find anything that isn’t quite right.
- Always shred or cut up bills, statements and expired cards before you throw them away.
- Keep your personal details secure. Store sensitive information in a safe place and keep your personal details secret and safe.
- Notify us if you change your address or other personal details.
For more information about banking safely, download The Australian Banking Association’s “Safe & Savvy” guide (PDF, 6Mb).
Learn more about...