Personal Identification Requirements
Verifying your identity online, in store or at a participating Australia Post outlet? Here's what you'll need.
Verify your identity online
If you have recently opened a personal bank account online but haven’t yet verified your identity, you can easily do so by logging in with your Suncorp customer ID and password. All you will need is two forms of ID such as a drivers licence, Australian Passport or a Medicare card. Our verification system securely checks the details you have entered against external agencies to confirm your identity and complete the account opening process.
If you are unable to verify your identity online, we also offer ID verification through any of our Suncorp Stores or participating Australia Post outlets.
You can confirm your identity by providing the following document types:
Those over 18 years old:
At least One (1) Item from Part A (see below) + One (1) item from any other category OR
At least One (1) Item from Part B + One (1) Item from Part C + One (1) item from Part D (see below for all)
Those under 18 years old:
One (1) Item from Part A (see below) OR
One (1) Item from Part B + One (1) Item from Part E (see below for all)
Please note: Your Full Name, Address and Date of Birth where shown on any identification documents, must be in English.
- Original documents must be presented, photocopies will not be accepted unless it has been certified
- Unless otherwise indicated, only current ('in date') identification is acceptable
- If you're unable to present your identification in-person at a Suncorp Store or Australia Post outlet, you can mail us Certified Copies of your identification documents
- Suncorp observes the right to request additional identification to satisfy the opening of an account
What is a 'Certified Copy'?
A certified copy is a document that has been approved as a true copy of an original document.
Personal identification document types:
- A current driver's licence
- A current Australian passport (or one which has expired within the last two years)
- A current Proof of Age Card issued by an Australian State/Territory (including 18+ Cards)
- A current foreign passport or similar travel document also containing your signature issued by a government, the UN or agency of the UN.
- A National Identity Card issued by a foreign government, the UN or agency of the UN also containing your signature
- A Current Drivers Licence (without photograph)
- An Australian birth certificate/extract
- A citizenship certificate
- A foreign birth certificate issued by a foreign government, the UN, or agency of the UN
- A current Centrelink Pension Card
- A notice issued by an Australian Government Entity within the last twelve months recording the provision of financial benefits to you.
- A notice issued by the Australian Taxation Office within the last twelve months recording a debt payable to or by you under a Commonwealth taxation law (eg. Tax Assessment Notice)
- A notice issued by a local Australian Government Entity or utilities provider within the last three months recording the provision of services to you at your residential address (eg. Rates Notice, Gas, Electricity, Phone)
- Current Medicare Card
- Current Credit/Debit ATM Card (issued by an Australian Financial Institution)
- Other Financial Institution records issued within the last 3 months (eg. Bank Statement, Passbook, Term Deposit Certificate)
- Current Tertiary Education Identity Card with Photo (eg. Student Card)
- Current Government Issued Identity Card with a Photo
- Current Medicare Card
- Current Debit ATM card (issued by an Australian Financial Institution)
- Other Financial Institution records issued within the last 3 months (eg. Bank Statement)
- Current School Identity Card containing your photograph (eg. Student Card)
- Immunisation History Statement
Your account will be closed automatically if you don’t verify your identity within 60 days of opening your account.