Personal Identification Requirements
Verifying your identity in a branch or at a participating Australia Post outlet? Here's what you'll need.
- Original documents must be sighted, photocopies are not acceptable
- Unless otherwise indicated, only current ('in date') identification is acceptable
- If you're unable to present your identification in-person, you must send us Certified Copies of your identification documents
- Suncorp observes the right to request additional identification to satisfy the opening of an account
What is a 'Certified Copy'?
A certified copy is a document that has been approved as a true copy of an original document.
You can prove your identity by providing the following document types:
Those over 18 years old:
At least One (1) Item from Part A (see below) + One (1) item from any other category OR
At least One (1) Item from Part B + One (1) Item from Part C + One (1) item from Part D (see below for all)
Those under 18 years old:
One (1) Item from Part A (see below) OR
One (1) Item from Part B + One (1) Item from Part E (see below for all)
Please note: Your Full Name, Address and Date of Birth where shown on any identification documents, must be in English.
- A current driver's licence
- A current Australian passport (or one which has expired within the last two years)
- A current Proof of Age Card issued by an Australian State/Territory (including 18+ Cards)
- A current foreign passport or similar travel document also containing your signature issued by a government, the UN or agency of the UN.
- A National Identity Card issued by a foreign government, the UN or agency of the UN also containing your signature
- A Current Drivers Licence (without photograph)
- An Australian birth certificate/extract
- A citizenship certificate
- A foreign birth certificate issued by a foreign government, the UN, or agency of the UN
- A current Centrelink Pension Card
- A notice issued by an Australian Government Entity within the last twelve months recording the provision of financial benefits to you.
- A notice issued by the Australian Taxation Office within the last twelve months recording a debt payable to or by you under a Commonwealth taxation law (eg. Tax Assessment Notice)
- A notice issued by a local Australian Government Entity or utilities provider within the last three months recording the provision of services to you at your residential address (eg. Rates Notice, Gas, Electricity, Phone)
- Current Medicare Card
- Current Credit/Debit ATM Card (issued by an Australian Financial Institution)
- Other Financial Institution records issued within the last 3 months (eg. Bank Statement, Passbook, Term Deposit Certificate)
- Current Tertiary Education Identity Card with Photo (eg. Student Card)
- Current Government Issued Identity Card with a Photo
- Current Medicare Card
- Current Debit ATM card (issued by an Australian Financial Institution)
- Other Financial Institution records issued within the last 3 months (eg. Bank Statement)
- Current School Identity Card containing your photograph (eg. Student Card)
- Immunisation History Statement