Suncorp App Terms and Conditions
Effective 17 June 2020
Updated 17 June 2020.
Summary of changes effected on 17 June 2020:
Effective on and from 17 June 2020, the following provisions of the Suncorp App Terms and Conditions have been amended to reflect the introduction of PayID creation functionality in the Suncorp App.
- Clause 1 (Introduction) & clause 26.1 (Mistaken Internet Payments): In clause 1.5 (Definitions) we have updated the definition of “Mistaken Internet Payment” to explain that a payment from a Suncorp Bank Account to another Suncorp Bank Account using a PayID is not a Mistaken Internet Payment even though it is processed as an Osko payment. An equivalent change has also been made to clause 26.1.
- Clause 1 (Introduction): In clause 1.5 (Definitions) we have updated the definition of “PayID” and added a new definition of “PayID Terms and Conditions”.
- Clause 15 (Withdrawal Limits): We have updated both the Transaction Limit table and Daily Limit table to incorporate transactions between your own Suncorp Accounts using a PayID and to another person’s Suncorp Accounts using a PayID.
- Clause 29 (PayID): we have inserted a new clause to explain that you may be able to create a PayID in connection with your eligible Suncorp Bank Account by using the Suncorp App. To accommodate this new clause, the previous clause 29 (General) and sub-clauses 29.1 to 29.17 (inclusive) have been renumbered as clause 30 (General) and sub-clauses 30.1 to 30.17 (inclusive).
1.1 The Suncorp App is an application designed for compatible iPhone and Android devices. The App provides access to products and services offered by the Suncorp Group or third-party providers.
1.2 Your use of the App is subject to these Terms and Conditions. Please do not download or use the App unless you have read and understood these Suncorp App Terms.
1.3 References to you and yours is a reference to a person using the App either as a Guest or who has registered to use the App.
1.4 In these Terms and Conditions a reference to the singular include the plural and vice versa.
1.5 In these Terms and Conditions words that are capitalised have the meanings as defined throughout the Terms, and otherwise have the following meanings:
- “App” means the Suncorp App.
- An “Account” includes any of the following accounts with Suncorp Bank.
- a savings account
- term deposit
- a cheque or Card account
- an account which has a facility limit
- a loan account
- another account which we allow you to withdraw and deposit money
- a lease
- an equipment finance facility
- a guarantee facility
It does not include superannuation accounts
- "ADI" has the same meaning as authorised deposit-taking institution in the Banking Act 1959 (Cth) or any successor term adopted by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
- “App Content” means the content available in the App including product and services information, advice, advertising, text and graphics.
- "Basic Single Credit Transfer" means a credit payment message, other than an Osko® payment, another type of overlay service payment or an international funds transfer instructions payment, sent by a New Payments Platform participant via the NPP basic infrastructure for the benefit of a payee with another NPP participant.
- "Business Day" means a day which is Monday to Friday excluding national public holidays.
- "Card" means the Card we give you to use with or without your PIN at an electronic terminal and includes any debit or credit Card we give you.
- "Code" means any industry Code of practice that we adopt or subscribe to that applies to us, an Account or a Transaction (for example, this currently includes but is not limited to the ePayments Code and the Banking Code of Practice.
- “Customer ID” means the secret number we give you that you are required to enter electronically in order to use Internet Banking.
- "Device" means a device given by us to you that is used to perform an ePayments Transaction. Examples include:
- ATM or transaction card,
- debit card or credit card,
- prepaid card (including gift card),
- Security Token.
- "ePayments Code" means the ePayments Code issued by Australian Securities & Investments Commission.
- "ePayments Transaction" has the meaning provided for in clause 22.
- "Identifier" means information that you know and must provide to perform an ePayments Transaction but which you are not required to keep secret (for example, an account number or PayID).
- "Internet Banking" means the service provided for our customers to manage their banking online.
- “Internet Banking Password” means the password chosen by you to access your Internet Banking.
- "Mistaken Internet Payment" means a payment using a ‘pay anyone' internet banking facility (for example, an external funds transfer) processed by an ADI through:
- direct entry; or
- the New Payments Platform as an Osko® payment or Basic Single Credit Transfer (excluding an Osko payment from one Suncorp Bank Account to another Suncorp Bank Account using a PayID),
- where funds are paid into the account of an Unintended Recipient because the transferor entered or selected a BSB number and/or Identifier that does not belong to the named and/or intended recipient as a result of:
- the transferor's error, or
- the transferor being advised of the wrong BSB number and/or Identifier.
It does not include payments made using BPAY.
- “Mobile Device” means an electronic device in which the Suncorp App can be downloaded, and includes smartphones and tablets.
- “Mobile Device Passcode” means anything required to unlock a Mobile Device including a password, passcode, pattern or biometric identifier (where applicable).
- “NPP” or “New Payments Platform” means the New Payments Platform operated by NPP Australia Limited which facilitates clearing and settlement of payments between NPP participants on a 24/7 near real-time basis (among other things).
- “Osko ”means the Osko payment service provided by BPAY Pty Ltd using the New Payments Platform, which facilitates clearing and settlement of payments between NPP participants on a 24/7 near real-time basis.
- “PayID” means a unique identifier of an account holder which is linked to an account with a financial institution for the purpose of receiving payments made through the NPP or Osko. For the purpose of making a payment to a PayID the supported PayID identifiers include an account holder’s mobile number, email address, Australian Company Number, and Australian Business Number. For the purpose of creating a PayID the supported PayID identifiers may be different and are set out in the PayID Terms and Conditions.
- “PayID Name” means the name that reasonably represents and identifies an account holder’s real name that can be used to confirm the PayID of the recipient of a payment through the NPP or Osko.
- "PayID Terms and Conditions" means the terms and conditions in relation to the creation and maintenance of your PayID which are provided to you for acceptance before you create your PayID and as amended from time to time.
- “PIN” means the personal identification number used to transact at ATMs or using EFTPOS.
- "Receiving ADI" means an ADI which is a subscriber to the ePayments Code or which receives payments processed through the NPP as an Osko payment or Basic Single Credit Transfer and whose customer has received an internet payment which you have reported as being a Mistaken Internet Payment.
- “Security Code” means Suncorp App Passcode, Suncorp App PIN, Customer ID, Security Token Code, Internet Banking Password, PIN, Insurance Password, Security Token Code, Mobile Device Passcode, and any biometrics login information.
- “Security Token” means a mobile application issued by Suncorp Bank or its related entity which generates a Security Token Code, available for download under the name “Suncorp Secured”.
- Sending ADI” means an ADI which is a subscriber to the ePayments Code or which receives payments processed through the NPP as an Osko payment or Basic Single Credit Transfer and whose customer has made an internet payment which has been reported as being a Mistaken Internet Payment.
- “Suncorp App Passcode” means the password chosen by you for the Suncorp App.
- “Suncorp App PIN” means the numeric code chosen by you for the Suncorp App.
- “Suncorp Bank App” means the mobile application that allows customers to engage in electronic transactions available for download under the name “Suncorp Bank”. Suncorp Bank App is not the Suncorp App.
- "Suncorp Bank" means Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 its successors and assigns.
- “Suncorp Group Entities” means Suncorp Group Limited (ABN 66 145 290 124) and its subsidiaries and related companies.
- “Third Party” refers to an entity which is not a Suncorp Group Entity as listed under clause 5.2 of these Terms and Conditions.
- “Third Party App” means an app owned and operated by a Third Party.
- “Third Party Site” means a website owned and operated by a Third Party.
- "Transaction" means any fees, charges, deposit, withdrawals, credit or debit instructions or advice made from or added to an Account in any way.
- "Unintended Recipient" means the recipient of funds as a result of a Mistaken Internet Payment.
2. Who operates the Suncorp App?
2.1 Australian companies in the Suncorp Group currently operate the Suncorp App. The Suncorp Group is comprised of Suncorp Group Limited (ABN 66 145 290 124) and its subsidiaries and related companies. A reference to "we", "us" or "our" is a reference to each of the following companies of the Suncorp Group either collectively or individually (depending on context). The relevant entity in the Suncorp Group is responsible for Suncorp App functionality as it applies to its products and services.
2.2 AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807, AFSL 230859 (AAI) is a general insurer and trades under many names. It is currently the issuer of general insurance products under the Suncorp Insurance, GIO, Bingle Insurance, CIL Insurance, AAMI, APIA and Shannons brands.
2.3 Suncorp-Metway Limited ABN 66 010 831 722, AFSL 229882, Australian Credit Licence number 229882 (Suncorp Bank) is a bank. It issues banking products. Citigroup Pty Limited ABN 88 004 325 080, AFSL No. 238098, Australian Credit Licence No. 238098 (Citigroup) is the credit provider and issuer of Suncorp Clear Options Credit Cards Suncorp Bank promotes and distributes these cards on Citigroup’s behalf under an agreement with Citigroup. Suncorp Bank will not guarantee or otherwise support Citigroup’s obligations under the contracts or agreements connected with the Credit Cards (other than those relating to Suncorp Bank internet banking and telephone banking).
2.4 Suncorp Portfolio Services Pty Limited ABN 61 063 427 958 (SPSL), AFSL 237905 is the superannuation trustee and issue of superannuation products. The life insurance in the superannuation products are issued by Asteron Life & Superannuation Limited (Asteron).
2.5 Australian Pensioners Insurance Agency Limited ABN 14 099 650 966, AR 239591 (APIA) is an authorised representative of AAI and distributes general insurance products issued by AAI under the APIA brand.
2.6 Shannons Pty Limited ABN 91 099 692 636, AR 239594 (Shannons) is an authorised representative of AAI and distributes general insurance products issued by AAI under the Shannons brand.
2.7 Suncorp Corporate Services Pty Limited ABN 69 074 966 466 (SCS) is a group company that contracts with third parties from time to time.
2.8 Suncorp Financial Services Pty Limited ABN 50 010 844 621, AFSL 229885 (SFS) is a distributor for a range of products across the Suncorp Group Entities including products issued by SPSL and AAI.
3. Liability for products and services in the Suncorp Group
3.1 Suncorp Group Entities are not responsible or liable in respect of products or services provided by other entities in the Group and do not guarantee the obligations or liabilities of those entities. Suncorp Group Entities are also not responsible or liable in respect of product and services provided by third parties.
3.2 Suncorp Bank does not guarantee any product or service provided by any other company within the Suncorp Group and does not assume any obligation or liability for matters including the benefits payable under a product, the repayment of any premium, the repayment of capital or investment performance of any managed investment scheme, superannuation product or any investor directed portfolio service. Investments in, or contributions to any, life or general insurance products, Superannuation products, managed investment schemes or any investor directed portfolio service are not bank deposits. These products are subject to investment risk, including possible delays in repayment and loss of income and principal invested.
4.1 Unless specifically provided, the Suncorp App does not provide you with financial product advice, financial advice or investment, legal or taxation advice of any kind.
4.2 You should obtain your own advice on any matters before you make a decision about any product or service available or offered by the Suncorp App. This includes any Third-Party products and services that are available via the Suncorp App.
4.3 Where the Suncorp App provides financial product advice, it is general advice only. The relevant Suncorp Group Entity has not taken into account any of your personal circumstances or financial situation or needs. You should read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), any Product Information Document (PID) as well as any other related material for the products and services before you make a decision in relation to that product of service.
5. Third Party Providers
5.1 Suncorp Group Entities have relationships with third party product and service providers and some of the products and services may be advertised, viewed or accessed through the Suncorp App including links to websites or apps owned and operated by the Third Party.
5.2 These services and products may either be provided under a Suncorp Group brand or the brand of the Third Party. Third Parties include:
- Challenger Life Company Limited (Challenger) ABN 44 072 486 938 AFSL 234670 is the issuer of the Suncorp Annuity. SFS promotes and distributes this product on Challenger’s behalf under an agreement with Challenger. Suncorp App users will have the ability to view details but not transact on this product.
- Citigroup Pty Ltd ABN 88 004 325 080 AFSL 238098 is the credit provider and issuer of Suncorp Clear Options Credit Cards Suncorp Bank promotes and distributes these cards on Citigroup’s behalf under an agreement with Citigroup.
- Suncorp Benefits is being operated by EONX Services Pty Ltd ABN 39 615 958 873. Full Terms & Conditions of Suncorp Benefits are available here. Additional terms and conditions may apply to specific offers available within this program.
- RP Data Pty Ltd trading as CoreLogic Asia Pacific ABN 67 087 759 171 is the supplier of the data for the Property Explorer feature. This excludes the insurance risk data which is supplied by Suncorp Group Entities.
- Sprout Systems Pty Ltd (Sproutix) ABN 89 163 435 032 operates the AAMI Lucky Club and unless provided otherwise, manages and fulfils any ticket orders, ticket and event enquiries and/or product sales within or through the site. Full Terms & Conditions of the AAMI Lucky Club program are available here. Additional terms and conditions may apply to specific offers available within the program.
- Apple Pty Ltd ABN 46 002 510 054 and/or its related bodies corporate and affiliates are the operators of the Apple Wallet app. Additional terms and conditions apply to use of the Apple Wallet app.
- Life insurance products are provided by either Asteron Life & Superannuation Limited (Asteron) (ABN 87 073 979 530, AFSL 229880, Australian Credit Licence 229880) or by TAL Life Limited ABN 70 050 109 450 AFSL 237848 (TAL Life) which is part of the TAL Dai-ichi Life Australia Pty Limited ABN 97 150 070 483 group of companies (TAL). TAL and/or Asteron is responsible for the materials and information on the life and income protection products. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
5.3 App Content may be displayed within the App, it may link to Suncorp Group Entities’ websites or it may link Third Party Sites or Third Party Apps. When you follow a link to content not included in the App a separate browser or app will open for you to view this content. This content could be hosted on a Suncorp Group Entity site, a Third Party Site or a Third Party App and external websites or apps not operated or controlled by Suncorp are subject to the terms and conditions of the content provider.
You may be asked to consent to specific terms and conditions relevant for some App Content. These App Terms should be read subject to any such specific terms where there is inconsistency.
5.4 Suncorp Group Entities accept no liability for any content provided by Third Parties, the provision of Third Party services or products accessed through the Suncorp App or your ability to access third party websites or apps through the Suncorp App. The Suncorp Group Entities do not guarantee the products and services available from Third Parties and accessed through the App.
5.5 Third Parties may also collect your personal information. Please refer to clause 8 on Privacy for more details.
6. Access to the Suncorp App
6.1 There are two levels of access to the Suncorp App which may impact the functionality available as part of your Suncorp App experience:
- Guest Access
6.2 Guest Access (Guest)
6.2.1 Limited access to the Suncorp App is available using Guest Access. These App Terms apply to you to the extent certain services, functions and features of the Suncorp App are made available to you. If you choose to access the Suncorp App as a Guest you can remain anonymous. Anonymity means that you are able to use a modified version of the Suncorp App without the need to be identified or providing any personal information.
6.3.1 When you register with the Suncorp App you will not be able to remain anonymous. Certain content, features or services of the Suncorp App are only accessible if you provide your personal information, email address and customer identifiers and passcodes. After you have successfully registered you will need to validate your registered email via the link sent to the nominated address. You are required to notify us of any changes to your email address.
6.3.2 There are two levels of registration required in order for Suncorp App users to utilise full App functionality.
- Registration to the Suncorp App.
- Registration of your relevant Suncorp Group Entity products and services able to be accessed through the Suncorp App.
6.3.3 To register for the Suncorp App you must select a Suncorp App Passcode or use a biometric login if this functionality is available on your Mobile Device.
6.3.4 If you wish to interact with Suncorp Group Entity products and services, you must register your products and services within the Suncorp App using existing product identifiers or customer identification numbers previously issued to you by the relevant Suncorp Group Entity for the relevant product or service. Following initial registration of products and services, these products and services can be accessed using the Suncorp App Passcode or biometric log in.
6.3.5 Users can register the Suncorp App on additional Mobile Devices following initial registration however you will be required to set up Suncorp App Passcodes or use a biometric login specific to that Mobile Device.
6.3.6 Joint account or policy holders are not permitted to share login credentials. Each joint account or policy holder must register separately for the Suncorp App and establish their own Suncorp App Passcode or biometrics login. During registration, each joint account or policy holder will be required to enter their own insurance or internet banking customer identifiers.
6.4 Your Responsibilities for your Security Codes
6.4.1 Security Codes enable access to your financial products and services held with the Suncorp Group Entities and must not be disclosed to anyone, including a family member or friend.
6.4.2 You should protect yourself from unauthorised log ins. When choosing your Suncorp App Passcode it should be at least 7 characters and contain at least 1 number and 1 letter. You should NOT choose a Suncorp App Passcode which incorporates:
- your date of birth;
- your driver's license number;
- a series of consecutive or the same numbers;
- the same number as any Mobile Device Passcode;
- an alphabetical code that is a recognisable part of your name; or
- your email address;
- your mother's maiden name; or
- your child's name.
6.4.3 You can record your Security Codes to help you remember them but they must be reasonably disguised. You should NOT:
- reverse the order of the Security Code;
- say a disguised number is your Security Code;
- disguise your Security Code as a telephone number;
- replace your Security Code with letters (eg. A=1, B=2, C=3);
- write numbers that contain the same sequence of numbers as your Security Code;
- record it on any Mobile Device where it can easily be retrieved;
- keep a record of it in close proximity to where it can be obtained with the access method (for example next to your Mobile Device) unless you make a reasonable attempt to protect the security of the Security Code; or
- keep a written record of all Security Codes required to perform transactions on one or more articles at risk to be lost or stolen simultaneously, without making a reasonable attempt to protect the security of the Security Code(s).
These are only examples. There are other ways that you should not use to disguise Security Codes so as to make your Security Codes obvious to another person.
6.4.4 If a Security Code is compromised, you are required to tell us quickly and without delay by telephoning our hotline number which is available 24 hours a day on 1300 186 277 to unlock the Suncorp App.
6.4.5 You will have three (3) attempts to successfully enter a Suncorp App Passcode after which time the Suncorp App will lock and no access will be available. If you are locked out please call 1300 186 277 to unlock the Suncorp App.
6.4.6 The Suncorp App Passcode can be reset at any time within the App by going to the Suncorp App settings function.
6.5 Your Responsibilities for Biometric Data
6.5.1 If you have chosen to use biometrics login, any of the biometrics stored on the Mobile Device will be used as authentication for your engagement with Suncorp App Content including Suncorp Group Entity products and services registered within the App. These biometric details include fingerprints and Face ID.
6.5.2 You must ensure that only your own biometrics are stored on the Mobile Device. In addition:
- Identical twins (or triplets, etc.) and Suncorp Group Entity customers under the age of 13 must NOT use the Face ID function, and must use a Suncorp App Passcode as authentication, to prevent a ‘false match’ and possible unauthorised access to a Mobile Device and Suncorp App Content.
- You must not turn on Face ID access to the Suncorp App if the Face ID stored on the Mobile Device is not the face of the Suncorp App user.
- If, after turning on the Face ID, you allow other people to store their Face ID on the Mobile Device, you must first turn off Face ID access to the Suncorp App.
6.5.3 You must not turn on Touch ID access to the Suncorp App if the Touch ID stored on your Mobile Device does not belong to the Suncorp App user. If, after turning on the Touch ID, you allow other people to store Touch ID data on the Mobile Device, you must first turn off Touch ID access to the Suncorp App.
6.5.4 If you allow anyone else’s Face ID and/or Touch ID to be stored on your Mobile Device, other people will be able to access the Suncorp App Content and will be considered by the Suncorp Group Entities that they are authorised to do so. You may be held responsible for any losses you suffer as a result of the unauthorised access.
6.6 Your Responsibilities for your Device
6.6.1 If it is possible that your Mobile Device has been hacked or accessed without your authorisation you must notify us as soon as possible. You can notify us by calling our hotline number which is available 24 hours a day on 1300 186 277.
6.6.2 We recommend you setup a Mobile Device Passcode on your Mobile Device itself, in addition to the Suncorp App Passcode to prevent unauthorised access to your Mobile Device.
6.6.3 Mobile Devices logged into the Suncorp App must not be left unattended and you must ensure that you log out of the Suncorp App when not using it and to lock your Mobile Device when it is not in use.
6.6.4 You must only install authorised and authentic applications on your Mobile Device and must not override the software lockdown on your Mobile Device (for example, by ‘obtaining root access’ on an Android device and ‘jailbreaking’ on an Apple device).
7. Restrictions on use of the Suncorp App
7.1 The Suncorp App is provided solely for bona fide customers of the Suncorp Group and persons who wish to use guest access. You agree that you will not, (either yourself or through any third party):
- use any robot, spider, screen scraper, data aggregation tool or other automatic device or process ("Automated Process") to process, monitor, copy or extract any web pages on any of our Suncorp App, or any of the information, content or data contained within or accessible through our Suncorp App, without prior written permission;
- use any Automated Process to aggregate or combine information, content or data contained within or accessible through the App with information, content or data accessible via or sourced from any third party;
- use any information on or accessed through the App for any commercial purpose (including but not limited to market research, the provision of pricing estimates or 'shadow shopping') or otherwise (either directly or indirectly) for profit or gain;
- use any device, software, process or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Suncorp App or any transaction or process being conducted on or through it;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of or bandwidth connecting to our Suncorp App;
- reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile or otherwise attempt to discover source code or other arithmetical formula or processes in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with our Suncorp App or, act fraudulently or maliciously in relation to the App or software; or
- copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display, any part of any content from any of our Suncorp App without our prior written permission.
8.1 Any personal information you provide within the Suncorp App to a relevant entity of the Suncorp Group will be handled according to the:
- the Suncorp Corporate Services (SCS) Privacy Statement (https://www.suncorp.com.au/banking/mpa/privacy.html) to the extent that SCS manages part of the Suncorp App and enters into certain Third Party relationships; and
- where you transact within the Suncorp App and/or acquire a product or service from us, the relevant Privacy Statement for that entity will apply.
8.2 The different Suncorp Group Entity privacy statements are available on the website of the relevant entity providing the product or service and are also available here: Suncorp, APIA, AAMI, Bingle, GIO, Shannons and CIL. These privacy statements are not available within the Suncorp App.
8.3 Third Parties will also collect your personal information depending on your interaction with them. Third Parties collect your personal information in accordance with their own Privacy Statement which will be available on our or their website or directly from the relevant Third Party. Suncorp accepts no responsibility for the provision of Third Party privacy statements to you through the Suncorp App.
8.4 If you grant the Suncorp App and SCS, as the collecting entity, permission to use your Mobile Device’s location information or provide your postcode, we will use and/or log this location information. This information may be shared with other Suncorp Group Entities to be used for security, audit, fraud and logging purposes as well as personalising some Suncorp App functionality and providing you with useful information relevant to your location for example - where you seek location information for the nearest ATM.
8.5 As a way of delivering relevant direct marketing content to you and curating your experience, the Suncorp App utilises information we have about you, for example your product holdings and what you’ve been looking at. For instance, certain ‘articles’ or ‘rewards’ may be suggested based on your information. If you do not wish to receive marketing content curated in this way, you may opt-out of marketing and manage your preferences at the Marketing page in the Settings menu. You can also access this page by selecting the ‘three dots’ on the top right corner of any personalised marketing content in the Suncorp App, and selecting the ‘edit’ option. Please note this will not mean that you will cease receiving marketing material within the Suncorp App, it just means any marketing you do receive will not use your information.
9.1 Our Suncorp App uses "cookies" as a fundamental part of their interaction with your internet browser. Cookies enable us to provide you with a superior, customer-oriented service. A "cookie" is a small text file placed on your computer by our web server. A cookie can later be retrieved by our website servers. Cookies are frequently used on websites and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your browser. Cookies do not alter the operation of your computer or Mobile Device in any way.
9.2 Cookies are used on the Suncorp App including any other sites linked within the Suncorp App to enable online quotation and purchase processes. Therefore, if you wish to make full use of the Suncorp App, or any of our other online sites, it is recommended that you accept cookies. Cookies may also be used to collect and use information for a range of purposes, including to maintain and improve the operation of internet sites across the Suncorp Group, to track user preferences and product requirements to customise any content displayed within the Suncorp App and improve advertising relevance. We may also have an arrangement with third parties who may use our cookies to improve our advertising relevance to you on their sites.
9.3 If you wish to remain anonymous and not tracked through the Suncorp App, there are a number of ways you can do this. Please note this will impact the experience you have within the Suncorp App. To remain anonymous, this can be achieved by:
- Using Guest Access when you first sign into the Suncorp App. This will not utilise cookies to identify you nor provide you with a personalised experience. As per clause 6 - Access to the Suncorp App this will limit your access to features in the Suncorp App.
- If you have already registered and logged in with full access, you will need to delete the Suncorp App and reinstall it and log in with Guest Access.
- Deleting the Suncorp App. This will ensure we are no longer collecting any information about you through the Suncorp App.
Your marketing preferences can be edited any time in the ‘marketing preferences’ tab in the Suncorp App menu. This will ensure we do not use your information to serve personalised marketing content to you. Opting out of direct marketing does not make you anonymous. To remain anonymous, you must follow the steps above.
For further information on the Suncorp Group Cookie & Data Policy, you can access this information here.
10. App Rewards Programs
10.1 The Suncorp App also allows eligible Suncorp Group Entity customers under its various brands access to a range of reward and recognitions programs which have offers and rewards including discounts, membership and loyalty programs.
10.2 Suncorp may also enter into arrangements with a Third Party who will provide access to their benefits program that is operated and owned by them. Suncorp Group Entities are not liable for any offers and rewards programs owned and operated by a Third Party which is accessible through the Suncorp App. Please see clause 5 on Third Parties for more information.
10.3 Suncorp Benefits is a reward program for eligible consumer customers affiliated with Suncorp, Suncorp Insurance, GIO, AAMI and Apia. Additional terms and conditions apply to the use of Suncorp Benefits and these can be found at https://benefits.suncorp.com.au/terms. Some parts of the Suncorp Benefits including the provision of payment processes and other services offered as part of the functionality can be outsourced to a Third Party.
10.4 AAMI Lucky Club can be accessed in the Suncorp App for eligible customers of certain AAMI branded products. Additional terms and conditions apply to use of the AAMI Lucky Club, and these can be found at https://www.aami.com.au/privacy. Some parts of the AAMI Lucky Club including the provision of payment processes and other services offered as part of the functionality can be outsourced to a Third Party.
11. Managing your Insurance Policies
11.1 The Suncorp App may offer a facility for renewal payment of certain insurance policies with selected payment cards.
11.2 A binding insurance contract is conditional on the relevant Suncorp Group Entity being able to successfully charge against your nominated payment card and Suncorp Group receiving payment of all applicable renewal amounts due for the policy (or policies) being renewed (either in a single payment or where permitted in instalments).
11.3 Please be aware that when you use the Suncorp App to manage and change your insurance policy, any personal information such as your name, address or insured property details will not automatically update on the claims database. If you would like to update your personal information on your claim, please get in contact with the relevant Suncorp Group Entity directly.
11.4 You agree that any personal information, such as your name, address or vehicle which you save on the App or transmit to Suncorp Group as part of your claim lodgement will not automatically update on our record of your policy. For example, if you include your new address in your claim lodgement, Suncorp Group will not update your address on our record of your policy. Rather, the information you provide will only be used during the handling of your claim. If you would like to update your policy's details, please contact the relevant business directly.
11.5 Lodging a claim through the Suncorp App is currently only available for certain insurance products. Currently, the Suncorp App only supports claims lodgements for Home and Motor insurance products, with the exception of Strata, Third Party Damage and Compulsory Third Party (CTP). For more information on how to lodge a claim for products that are not supported, please call your product issuer or visit their website.
For the Home and Motor insurance products that are supported, you can lodge a claim through the Suncorp App. If you choose to lodge a claim through the App, as the information becomes available, notification will be provided to you in the App on where your claim is up to and any actions required from you. This includes whether your claim has been accepted, and whether you need to pay your policy excess. Should you require any immediate assistance with your claims, please call your product issuer.
11.6 To the extent permitted by law and subject to clause 11, communications about your policy and claims may be given electronically:
- by SMS, electronic mail to your nominated electronic address or (with your permission) push notification; or
- by making it available at the relevant Suncorp Group Entity’s website; or
- by any other means we agree with you.
Clauses 12 to 28 apply only in relation to banking functionalities. Please review these clauses carefully if you hold any banking products with us.
12. Making Transfers via the Pay Someone Feature
12.1 Suncorp App users are able to send money to other Suncorp accounts or accounts at other financial institutions or owned by third parties using the Pay Someone feature.
12.2 Pay Someone payments eligible to be submitted as an Osko payment via the New Payments Platform will generally be received by the payee in near real-time (refer to the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and for Continuing Credit Accounts for Osko eligibility requirements). All other Pay Someone payments will be sent to the destination the same day if submitted before 5.30pm (AEST) on a business day (Monday to Friday exclusive of recognised public holidays). Pay Someone payments (other than Osko payments) submitted after this time may not be sent until the following business day. Please allow 1-2 business days for a Pay Someone payment to be received by the recipient if it cannot be sent as an Osko payment through New Payments Platform.
12.3 Pay Someone payments to other Suncorp accounts, other than future dated or recurring payments, will be processed immediately.
12.4 Where a future dated or recurring Pay Someone payment is setup, the Pay Someone transfer will be debited from your account on the evening of the date you have requested the payment to be made.
12.5 If you ask us to send a payment to a BSB and account number we will direct the payment to the intended account using only the BSB and account number you provide. The account name you provide will not be used to check that the payment has been made to the correct account. Funds will be transferred to the BSB and account number you provide regardless of whether the account name you provide matches the account number.
12.6 If you ask us to send a payment to a PayID we will provide you with the corresponding PayID Name and ask you to confirm it. It is your responsibility to ensure you provide us with the correct PayID and ensure the PayID Name matches the person you intend to pay. If you are unsure whether the PayID Name is who you intend to pay, you should contact the intended recipient of your payment to confirm that the PayID and PayID Name are correct before proceeding with the payment.
12.7 It is your responsibility to ensure that the details provided by you, such as the BSB and account number or PayID, are correct or your Pay Someone payments may be unsuccessful or may be paid to an unintended account, resulting in the loss of your funds.
Mistaken Internet Payments are treated by us in accordance with clause 26 of these App Terms and the ePayments Code.
12.8 You must only use the PayID search function in the Pay Someone payment process for the purpose of making a genuine bona fide payment to another person. You must not use the PayID search function or data collected from the PayID search function for any improper or fraudulent purpose.
12.9 We may restrict or disable your use of the PayID search function from time to time in any manner we believe is appropriate or necessary to prevent the PayID search function from being used for a purpose, or in a way, which we believe could be fraudulent or improper.
12.10 When you make a Pay Someone payment to a PayID connected to a joint account, the other account holders may be able to see the messages and notifications associated with the payment.
12.11 For Pay Someone payments you must not enter any text, emojis or other characters in the payment description that are inappropriate, insulting, defamatory or damaging to the reputation of any person. We will not be liable to you or any other person for such payment descriptions.
12.12 Once you authorise transactions to be processed generally we will not be able to stop, withdraw, suspend or delete the transfer, change any details or recover the funds except where the payment is due to occur at a future date where you may be able to edit or amend the payment details prior to the payment occurring.
12.13 If a transfer cannot be processed by the receiving financial institution, the funds will be returned to your account. This may take approximately 3 days but can take longer depending on the other financial institution.
13. Paying Bills with BPAY®
13.1 If your instruction to make a bill payment using BPAY is made before 6:00p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time on a Business Day, it will in most cases be treated as having been made on that same day or on the date in the future that you specify. Where your instructions are received after 6:00p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time, in most cases the payment will be treated as having been made on the next Business Day or on the date in the future that you specify.
13.2 Where a future date or recurring BPAY is set up, the BPAY payment will be debited from your account on the evening of the date you have requested the payment to be made.
13.3 A payment may take longer to be credited to a biller under the BPAY Scheme if we receive your instruction on a day other than a Business Day or if another participant in the BPAY Scheme does not process a payment as soon as they receive it.
13.4 You need to allow sufficient time for processing of bill payments.
14. Using the Suncorp App
14.1 Suncorp App instructions requiring transfer of funds (including BPAY bill payments) may not be carried out if you do not have enough cleared funds in the relevant account. We will notify you on screen if this occurs while attempting to perform an immediate transaction.
14.2 When a requested Pay Someone future dated or recurring payment is unsuccessful, we will notify you in the Suncorp App, Internet Banking or Suncorp Bank App. Notification is deemed to have been received by you when it is received via one of these online platforms.
14.3 At any time we may restrict the types of accounts that can use the Suncorp App or we may change or restrict your use of or access to the Suncorp App by any Mobile Device. In addition, we may restrict the availability of some Suncorp App functions (eg BPAY, Pay Someone Transfers (including Osko payments)) to particular types of accounts or Mobile Device.
14.4 Information provided by the Suncorp App about your Account relates to transactions that we have processed and verified. Your Suncorp App transactions will be processed in the normal course of business or at the times we tell you.
14.5 We are not responsible for delays, errors, inaccuracies, or omissions due to failure in any Mobile Device, the Telephone Banking network, any telephone system, any other electronic system or ancillary equipment or any other circumstances beyond our control.
15. Withdrawal Limits
15.1 There are two types of withdrawal limits that apply when processing payments in Internet Banking, the Suncorp Bank App and the Suncorp App:
1) Transaction Limit
When completing certain transactions in Internet Banking, the Suncorp Bank App and the Suncorp App and the total value of these transactions exceeds $3,000 in any given day we will require you to input a Security Token Code. More information on Security Tokens is available in clause 16. We may vary the Transaction Limit and/or the types of transactions which require a Security Token Code.
The table below details the types of transactions that utilise this daily transaction limit:
Suncorp Bank App
Between your own Suncorp Accounts (excluding to a PayID)
Between your own Suncorp Accounts using a PayID*
From your Suncorp Account to another Suncorp Account using a BSB/Account or PayID*
To BSB/Account or PayID at another bank, also known as “Send Money” or “Pay Someone” transaction*
To BPAY - Suncorp Super & ATO
International Transfer (a token for every transaction is required)
Business Payments – Debit/Credit (a token for every transaction is required)
2) Daily Limit
Your daily limit is a security measure to limit the amount of money that can be transferred from any of your accounts in Internet Banking, the Suncorp Bank App and the Suncorp App. Your default daily limit will be $5,000 unless we agree otherwise. Your daily limit will be shared across Internet Banking, the Suncorp Bank App and the Suncorp App. We may vary the default daily limit at any time and provide at least 30 days’ notice of the change.
The table below details the types of transactions that utilise this daily limit:
Suncorp Bank App
Between your own Suncorp Accounts (excluding to a PayID)
Between your own Suncorp Accounts using a PayID*
From your Suncorp Account to another Suncorp Account using a BSB/Account or PayID*
To BSB/Account or PayID at another bank, also known as “Send Money” or “Pay Someone” transaction*
To BPAY - Suncorp Super & ATO
International Transfer (a token for every transaction is required)
Business Payments – Debit/Credit (a token for every transaction is required)
15.2 The total of all transactions (including future dated and recurring payments) which utilise your Daily Limit across Internet Banking, the Suncorp Bank App and the Suncorp App on any given day from all of your accounts must be less than your daily limit. If you attempt to perform a transaction that exceeds your Daily Limit, it may be rejected.
16. Security Token
16.1 Unless we agree otherwise, a Security Token is required to be active and cannot be cancelled where:
a.your Daily Limit is over the default Daily Limit;
b.you wish to process over the Transaction Limit as detailed in clause 15.1
c. transaction is made from one of your Accounts which we reasonably believe may be fraudulent or suspicious; or
d. you have an account or personal limit (business customers only).
16.2 A Security Token is not required and is optional when:
a. your daily limit is the default daily limit or less; and
b. you do not wish to process over the Transaction Limit as detailed in clause 15.1.
16.3 When a Security Token is enabled:
a. you must use the Security Token Code when requested by us within the Suncorp App; and
b. Security Token Code is required when logging into the Suncorp App when Suncorp App PIN or biometrics (fingerprint or FaceID) login is not used.
16.4 Where your Security Token is deactivated, and your daily limit is above the default daily limit, we may reduce your daily limit to the default daily limit until a new Security Token is activated and you request the limit to be increased.
16.5 When the Security Token expires or is deactivated you will be unable to process transactions which require a Security Token Code until a new Security Token is activated.
16.6 If you wish to cancel your Security Token please contact us to have your Security Token cancelled. You will be limited to transactions which do not require a Security Token Code (refer to clause 16.2 above).
16.7 When the Security Token expires or is deactivated you will be unable to make transactions which require a Security Token Code until a new Security Token is activated.
16.8 If you wish to cancel your Security Token please contact us to have your Security Token cancelled. You will be limited to transactions which do not require a Security Token Code (refer to clause 16.2 above).
17. Online Cashback
17.1 You can only access Online Cashback where:
- you have a loan with Suncorp Bank;
- your loan contract provides you can access Cashback; and
- all borrowers under your loan contract have satisfied any additional requirements of Suncorp Bank from time to time, that must be met before Suncorp Bank will allow you access to Online Cashback.
17.2 You can contact Suncorp Bank on 13 11 55 to find out if you can access Cashback and to find out any additional requirements that must be satisfied before you will be allowed access to Online Cashback.
17.3 Suncorp Bank may refuse to allow you access to Online Cashback, even where Suncorp Bank's requirements have been satisfied.
17.4 Online Cashback will generally be available during business hours in Brisbane and may be available during other hours subject to Suncorp Bank's processing requirements.
17.5 At any time Suncorp Bank can withdraw your access to Online Cashback or limit the functions that can be performed using Online Cashback, without providing a reason.
17.6 Access to Online Cashback is subject to:
- the terms and conditions of your loan contract;
- these Terms and Conditions; and
- any particular terms and conditions that you have agreed to before Suncorp Bank will provide you with access to Online Cashback.
17.7 Only immediate transactions can be performed using Online Cashback. Future dated or recurring transactions are not available.
Funds can only be transferred to another Suncorp Bank account and Suncorp Bank may at any time limit the accounts to which funds can be transferred. Pay Someone transfers cannot be performed using Online Cashback.
17.8 The amount of funds that can be accessed through Online Cashback is called Available Cashback and is displayed on the Account Details screen. You cannot access more than this amount through Online Cashback. In addition, there is a maximum limit of $99,999.99 for each Online Cashback Transaction.
17.9 Fees may apply for using Online Cashback. Full details can be obtained from your loan contract or by contacting us on 13 11 55.
17.10 You can continue to access Cashback in any other way permitted by Suncorp Bank, in accordance with your loan contract. For example, you can go to a branch to access Cashback.
17.11 You or any other borrower under your loan contract can request the cancellation of Online Cashback at any time in writing, by contacting us on 13 11 55 or by going to a branch. If you then wish to access Online Cashback again, you and all other borrowers under your loan contract will need to once more satisfy any additional requirements of Suncorp Bank from time to time, that must be met before Suncorp Bank will allow you access to Online Cashback.
18. Electronic Communication
18.1 You agree to Suncorp contacting you electronically at the email address you have provided regarding transactions you make using the Suncorp App. If you give us permission, you also agree that we can send you push notifications. You also agree that we can provide you with any information required to be given to you by law or any code including the Banking Code of Practice and ePayments Codes; as well as non-marketing communications, by electronic communication, unless any law or code requires otherwise.
18.2 Anytime you make a Pay Someone payment to an account you have not previously sent money to, we will automatically issue an email to you notifying you of the payment. If you don't recognise the payment, you are to notify us straight away on 13 11 55.
19.1 Accounts with signing instructions of "any two signatories to sign" to authorise a transaction are unable to transact on the App. Instead, access will be restricted to “view only” access. Please refer to clause 19 for further information on view only access.
20. View Only Access
20.1 If you ask us and we agree, we can provide Suncorp App access to various accounts limited to "view only" access.
20.2 View only access means you can authorise a person to view transactional and account information only.
21. Problems with Suncorp App
21.1 If you think there has been a mistake or a transaction you did not authorise, you must phone us immediately on 13 11 55 and follow up with details in writing. Your concerns or any problems will be investigated in the manner outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
To assist in obtaining a prompt resolution to the problem, please give us clear instructions as to the account number and biller codes of any person or biller involved in the problem and provide any supporting documentation which will assist in our investigation.
22. Our requirements of you to protect your account against unauthorised transactions
22.1 In addition to your obligations under clause 6.4 of these App Terms and Conditions, you must:
- never voluntarily disclose or give your Security Codes or any other access method or Security Code to anyone, including a family member or friend; or
- where the access method uses a Mobile Device, not indicate one or more of the Security Codes on the outside of the Mobile Device, or keep a record of one or more of the Security Codes (without making any reasonable attempt to protect the security of the Security Code records) on the one article, or on several articles, carried with the Mobile Device or vulnerable to loss or theft simultaneously with the Mobile Device; or
- where we permit you to select or change a Security Code (and, immediately before your selection or change of the Security Code, we specifically instruct you not to select a numeric Security Code which represents your birth date or an alphabetical Security Code which is a recognisable part of your name and we warn you of the consequences of such a selection) not select such a numeric or alphabetical Security Code; or
- not act with extreme carelessness in failing to protect the security of all the Security Codes.
For the purposes of this clause, a reasonable attempt to protect the security of a Security Code record includes either or both of:
- making any reasonable attempt to disguise the Security Codes within the record;
- taking reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to the Security Code record.
22.2 Notwithstanding the App Terms, for the purposes of determining your liability for any losses resulting from unauthorised transactions using an electronic device and an access method we will comply with the requirements of the ePayments Code (except where the ePayments Code does not apply).
23. ePayments Code
23.1 Where you are an individual, the ePayments Code applies to the following transactions provided by us, each of which is an ePayments Transaction:
- electronic card transactions, including ATM, EFTPOS, credit card and debit card transactions that are not intended to be authenticated by comparing a manual signature with a specimen signature,
- Telephone Banking and bill payment transactions,
- Suncorp App transactions, including by way of Pay Someone,
- online transactions performed using a card number and expiry date,
- online bill payments (including BPAY®),
- transactions using facilities with contactless features and prepaid cards, not intended to be authenticated by comparing a manual signature with a specimen signature,
- direct debits,
- transactions using mobile devices,
- mail order transactions not intended to be authenticated by comparing a manual signature with a specimen signature, and
- any other transaction specified by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission.
23.2 We will comply with the ePayments Code where it applies.
23.3 We agree to follow the rules of the ePayments Code for ePayments Transactions made in Australia and we give you a warranty that we will do so.
This does not apply to:
- an Account that is designed primarily for use by a business, and established primarily for business purposes, or
- a facility where you and Suncorp Bank do not have a contractual relationship.
It also does not apply in relation to Everyday Super Accounts, other than a contribution from a Suncorp Bank account to an Everyday Super Account, which is processed as a BPAY payment. It does not apply in relation to Suncorp Insurance or Suncorp Life Insurance.
24. When You are Not Liable for Any Losses
24.1 An unauthorised transaction, that is a transaction you do not authorise, does not include any transaction carried out by you or by anyone performing a transaction with your knowledge and consent. You will not be liable for losses resulting from unauthorised transactions where it is clear that you have not contributed to the loss.
24.2 Where you do not authorise a transaction, you will not be responsible for losses which:
- are caused by fraudulent or negligent conduct of our staff or agents of ours or third parties involved in networking arrangements or merchants or their agents or employees;
- are losses relating to an Identifier, Device or Security Code which is forged, faulty, expired, or cancelled;
- arise from a transaction which required the use of any Device and / or Security Code that occurred before you received any Device and / or Security Code or reissued Device and / or Security Code;
- are caused by the same transaction being incorrectly debited more than once to the same Account;
- arise from unauthorised transactions performed after we have been informed that the Device has been misused, lost or stolen or the security of the Security Code has been breached;
- arise from unauthorised transactions that can be made using an Identifier without a Security Code or Device or can be made using a Device, or a Device and an Identifier, but does not require a Security Code, if you do not unreasonably delay reporting the loss or theft of the Device; and / or
are losses which occur while our processes are unavailable, provided that a report is made within a reasonable time of the process again becoming generally available
25. When You are Liable for Losses
25.1 You will be liable for losses resulting from transactions which are carried out by you or by another person with your knowledge and consent.
25.2 Where we can prove on the balance of probability that you have contributed to a loss through fraud, or breaching the Security Code security requirements in clause 6 and / or clause 24:
You are liable in full for the actual losses that occur before the loss, theft or misuse of a Device or breach of Security Code security is reported to us, but
You are not liable for the portion of losses:
- incurred on any one day that exceeds any applicable daily transaction limit,
- incurred in any period that exceeds any applicable periodic transaction limit,
- that exceeds the balance on the Account, including any pre-arranged credit, or
- incurred on any Account that we and you had not agreed could be accessed using the Device or Identifier and/or Security Code used to perform the transaction.
- more than one Security Code is required to perform a transaction, and
- we prove that you breached the Security Code security requirements in clause 6 and / or clause 22 for one or more of the required Security Codes, but not all of the required Security Codes,
you are liable as outlined above only if we prove on the balance of probability that the breach of the Security Code security requirements under clause 6 and / or clause 24 was more than 50% responsible for the losses, when assessed together with all the contributing causes.
25.3 You are liable for losses arising from unauthorised transactions that occur because you contributed to losses by leaving a Card in an ATM, as long as the ATM incorporates reasonable safety standards that mitigate the risk of a card being left in the ATM.
25.4 Where we can prove, on the balance of probability, that you contributed to losses resulting from an unauthorised transaction by unreasonably delaying reporting the misuse, loss or theft of a Device, or that the security of all Security Codes has been breached, you:
- are liable for the actual losses that occur between:
- when you became aware of the security compromise, or should reasonably have become aware in the case of a lost or stolen Device, and
- when the security compromise was reported to us, but
- are not liable for any portion of the losses:
- incurred on any one day that exceeds any applicable daily transaction limit,
- incurred in any period that exceeds any applicable periodic transaction limit,
- that exceeds the balance on the Account, including any pre-arranged credit, or
- incurred on any Account that we and you had not agreed could be accessed using the Device and/or Security Code used to perform the transaction.
25.5 Where a Security Code was required to perform the unauthorised transactions, and the other circumstances outlined in this clause above do not apply, you are liable for the least of:
- $150.00, or a lower figure determined by us;
- the balance of the Account or Accounts which we and you have agreed may be accessed using the Device and / or Security Code, including any prearranged credit; or
- the actual loss at the time the misuse, loss or theft of a Device or breach of the Security Code security is reported to us, excluding that portion of the losses incurred on any one day which exceeds any relevant daily transaction limit or any other periodic transaction limit.
25.6 We, or our external dispute resolution body, have a discretion to reduce your liability in the circumstances set out in the ePayments Code.
25.7 If you report an unauthorised transaction on a debit card Account:
- we must not hold you liable for losses under this clause for an amount greater than the liability of you if we exercised any rights we had under the rules of the card scheme at the time the report was made, against other parties to the scheme (for example, charge-back rights), and
- this clause does not require us to exercise any rights we may have under the rules of the card scheme. However, we cannot hold you liable under this clause for a greater amount than would apply if we had exercised those rights.
26. Mistaken Internet Payments
26.1 When the ePayments Code applies to a transaction made through an Internet Banking facility or when a transaction is made through the NPP as an Osko payment (excluding an Osko payment from one Suncorp Bank Account to another Suncorp Bank Account using a PayID) or Basic Single Credit Transfer, we will follow the rules of the ePayments Code in relation to Mistaken Internet Payments. Other ADIs who have subscribed to the ePayments Code are required to follow the same processes set out in this clause 26 in relation to Mistaken Internet Payments except that for an Osko payment another ADI may not have to cooperate with our external dispute resolution scheme in relation to a complaint you make to our scheme. These processes do not apply to transactions where the ‘Pay Someone' Suncorp App service used is a service designed primarily for use by a business and established primarily for business purposes.
This clause sets out how we will deal with Mistaken Internet Payments made by you and Mistaken Internet Payments received into your Account. You agree to us dealing with Mistaken Internet Payments in this way.
Reporting a Mistaken Payment
This clause sets out how we will deal with Mistaken Internet Payments made by you and Mistaken Internet Payments received into your Account. You agree to us dealing with Mistaken Internet Payments in this way.Reporting a Mistaken Internet Payment
26.2 You must report a Mistaken Internet Payment as soon as possible. You can report a Mistaken Internet Payment by:
- contacting us on 13 11 55 within Australia;
- contacting us on 617 3362 2222, if overseas; or
- visiting our stores.
26.3 You must give us full details of the transaction you are querying. We may require further information from you to investigate.
26.4 When you report a Mistaken Internet Payment we will give you a notification number or some other form of acknowledgment which you should retain as evidence of the date and time of your report.
When You Have Made a Mistaken Internet Payment
26.5 When you report a Mistaken Internet Payment to us, we as the Sending ADI, will investigate whether a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred. We will require certain information to enable us to undertake that investigation, such as the PayID and / or BSB and Account number into which the Mistaken Internet Payment was made, the name of the party or the intended recipient and any further information you may have evidencing the mistake. We will contact you if we require further information.
26.6 If we are not satisfied that a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred, we will not take any further action.
26.7 If we are satisfied that a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred, we will send the Receiving ADI a request for the return of the funds. The Receiving ADI is required to acknowledge this request within 5 Business Days and advise us whether there are sufficient funds in the Account of the Unintended Recipient to cover the Mistaken Internet Payment.
26.8 The Receiving ADI will also investigate. If the Receiving ADI is not satisfied that a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred, they will not return the funds.
26.9 We must inform you of the outcome of the reported Mistaken Internet Payment in writing and within 30 Business Days of the day on which you reported the Mistaken Internet Payment to us.
26.10 If the Receiving ADI returns the funds to us we will return the funds to you as soon as practicable. Usually, we will return funds to you by crediting the Account from which the Mistaken Internet Payment was made. If you no longer have an Account with us, or if it is not practicable to credit the returned funds to that Account, we will return funds to you by some other means.
26.11 Where we and the Receiving ADI are satisfied that a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred, but there are not sufficient credit funds available in the Account of the Unintended Recipient to the full value of the Mistaken Internet Payment, the Receiving ADI must use reasonable endeavours to retrieve the funds from the Unintended Recipient for return to you (for example, by facilitating repayment of the funds by the Unintended Recipient by instalments).
When a Mistaken Internet Payment Is Made Into Your Account
26.12 When a Sending ADI sends a request to us, as Receiving ADI, of a Mistaken Internet Payment having been made into your Account, we will within 5 Business Days acknowledge that request and advise the Sending ADI whether there are sufficient funds in your Account to cover the Mistaken Internet Payment.
26.13 We will investigate whether a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred.
26.14 If we are not satisfied that a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred, we are not required to take any further action but we may seek your consent to return the funds.
26.15 If we are satisfied that a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred, we will take action as follows:
(a) Process where funds are available and report is made within 10 Business Days
If a Mistaken Internet Payment is reported within 10 Business Days after the payment is made, we are satisfied that a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred, and there are sufficient funds in your Account, we will withdraw the funds from your Account and arrange for the return of the funds to the Sending ADI within 10 Business Days.
(b) Process where funds are available and report is made within 10 Business Days and 7 months
If a Mistaken Internet Payment is reported between 10 Business Days and 7 months after the payment is made, we are satisfied that a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred, and there are sufficient funds in your Account, we will complete our investigation into the reported Mistaken Internet Payment within 10 Business Days of receiving the request. If we are satisfied that a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred, we will place a hold on your Account to prevent you from withdrawing the amount of the funds for a further 10 Business Days and notify you that we will withdraw the funds if you do not establish that you are entitled to the funds within that 10 Business Day period. If you fail to establish your entitlement within 10 Business Days, we will return the funds to the Sending ADI within 2 Business Days of the end of that period.
(c) Process where funds are available and report is made after 7 months
If a Mistaken Internet Payment is reported more than 7 months after the payment is made, there are sufficient funds in your Account and we are satisfied that a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred, we will ask you if you agree to the return of the funds to the sender. If you consent to the return of the funds we must return the funds to the sender.
(d) Process where funds are not available in Your Account
Where we and the Sending ADI are satisfied that a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred, but there are not sufficient credit funds available in your Account to the full value of the Mistaken Internet Payment, then we must use reasonable endeavours to retrieve the funds from you for return to the sender (for example, by facilitating repayment of the funds by you by instalments).
In each case, if we are not satisfied that a Mistaken Internet Payment has occurred, we may (but are not obliged to) seek your consent to return the funds.
26.16 We can prevent you from withdrawing funds the subject of a Mistaken Internet Payment where we are required to do so to meet our obligations under the ePayments Code.
Centrelink Direct Credit Payments
26.17 Where the Unintended Recipient of a Mistaken Internet Payment is receiving income support payments from Centrelink, we will recover the funds from the Unintended Recipient in accordance with the Code of Operation for Centrelink Direct Credit Payments.
Complaints about Mistaken Internet Payments
26.18 If you report a Mistaken Internet Payment to us as Sending ADI and you are unhappy with our handling of the matter, you can make a complaint to us. Please refer to clause 1.7 of the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and for Continuing Credit Accounts in relation to making complaints. If a complaint is made to another ADI where we are the Receiving ADI, we must cooperate with the other ADI's dispute resolution scheme.
27. Managing your Visa Debit card
27.1 Temporarily lock card
This functionality is available for Visa Debit cards only, and is designed to be used if you have misplaced your card or wish to restrict unauthorised use. All card payments will be declined while a card is locked. If a card is temporarily locked, any recurring card payments such as, online subscriptions and direct debits will also be declined. If a locked card is inserted into an ATM, it will be retained. Your card will remain locked until you unlock it. Temporarily locking your card does not report your card as lost or stolen. If your card has been lost or stolen, or if there has been any unauthorised transactions, you must report this to Suncorp Bank as soon as possible in accordance with the terms and conditions that apply to your card. If you report a locked card as lost or stolen, or order a replacement card, the locked card will be cancelled.
27.2 Unlocking your card
If you temporarily lock your Visa Debit card using the Suncorp App, and have not reported your card lost or stolen to Suncorp Bank, you can unlock it anytime using the app. When you unlock your card, it will be active immediately.
27.3 Card Security preferences
The Suncorp App allows you to optionally control (turn off/on) the following transaction types for Visa Debit cards (Card Controls):
- Visa payWave payments – use this control to disable contactless payments. If it’s turned off, you’ll always need to insert or swipe your card and enter your PIN when making purchases. This includes contactless purchases using your mobile device where you have included the card in a mobile wallet service.
- Internet transactions (card not present transactions) – use this control to disable purchases via the internet or telephone from this card. If it’s turned off, any recurring transactions, such as online subscriptions, from this card will not be processed.
- Overseas in-store payments – use this control to disable overseas in-store payments. If it’s turned off, physical in-store card purchases outside Australia will be declined. This does not include online payments from international companies.
Things you should know about card controls:
- Only the card selected for the control will be impacted.
- Only the card owner can set controls.
- You can set more than one control for a card at any point in time.
- The controls relate to the selected card, not the account.
- The controls default position is ‘on’.
- The control applies only to the 'credit' option available with your card and not any ‘cheque’ or ‘savings’ option.
Circumstances where the card controls may not apply:
- Transactions that are made when a merchant's systems are offline.
- Quasi cash transactions which is when your Visa Debit card is used for the purchase of items e.g. money orders, traveller’s cheques foreign currency and online gambling.
- Suncorp Bank relies on the transaction information provided by the merchant. If the authorisation request we receive doesn't match the exact criteria used to define the control you have set, the transaction may not be declined.
What Suncorp Bank will do when you apply a control:
- We will make all reasonable efforts to decline a transaction when we receive an authorisation request for a transaction which matches one of the controls you have set.
Suspension and cancellation of the service:
- Suncorp Bank may cancel or suspend the service or your use of the service or any controls at any time and without prior notice e.g. there is a systems breakdown, or Suncorp Bank suspects a security breach such as suspect or fraudulent activity on your account.
- You can stop using the service at any time. If you ask Suncorp Bank to cancel the service we will set all the control indicators to the default setting for the control.
28. Your Card PIN Security Requirements
28.1 Your card PIN provides access to your Visa/Debit, EFTPOS and credit cards, and must not be disclosed to anyone, including a family member or friend.
To protect yourself from unauthorised use, you should NOT choose a PIN that includes:
- your date of birth;
- your driver’s license number;
- a series of consecutive or the same numbers; or
- the same number as any Mobile Device Passcode.
28.2 You can reset your card PIN at any time within the Suncorp App by selecting the Manage button in the Accounts section of the Banking Tab.
28.3 You can record your card PIN(s) to help you remember them, but they must be reasonably disguised. You should NOT:
- put any PIN on your card even if you disguise it;
- reverse the order of the PIN;
- say a disguised number is your PIN;
- disguise your PIN as a telephone number;
- replace your PIN with letters (e.g. A=1, B=2, C=3);
- write numbers that contain the same sequence of numbers as your PIN;
- record it on any Mobile Device where it can easily be retrieved;
- keep a record of it near the access method (for example next to your Mobile Device), unless you make a reasonable attempt to protect the security of the PIN; or
- keep a written record of all PIN(s) required to perform transactions on one or more items at risk of being simultaneously lost or stolen, without making a reasonable attempt to protect the security of the PIN(s).
These are only examples, and not a conclusive list of things you should avoid when disguising your card PIN(s).
28.4 If a card PIN is compromised, you are required to tell us immediately by telephoning our 24-hour hotline number on 1800 775 020.
28.5 Your liability for losses arising from an unauthorised transaction will be determined under the ePayments Code (refer to clauses 10 to 12 of these Terms and Conditions).
A ‘’PIN’’ refers to your Personal Identification Number used to transact at Automatic Teller Machines, or for EFTPOS.
29.1 You may create a PayID in connection with a PayID eligible Account by using the App if you accept the PayID Terms and Conditions and you are able to satisfy the requirements set out in those PayID Terms and Conditions.
29.2 The PayID Terms and Conditions are provided to you for acceptance prior to creation of a PayID and apply in addition to these Terms and Conditions. If there is an inconsistency between a provision in these Terms and Conditions and a provision in the PayID Terms and Conditions, the provision in the PayID Terms and Conditions will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
30.1 Unless otherwise expressly stated, we only offer our products and services within Australia. Some products or services may only be offered for sale or serviced in specific states or territories. The information provided in the Suncorp App has been provided in accordance with Australian laws only.
30.2 The law applicable to the Suncorp App, and to any complaints arising from the Suncorp App is the law in force in the State of Queensland, Australia. By using the Suncorp App, you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Queensland, Australia and any courts which have jurisdiction to hear appeals from such courts, unless the complaint relates to an insurance contract in which case relevant state or federal law will apply.
30.3 Should any term or part of these Suncorp App Terms be found to be void, unenforceable or invalid, then it is severed from these Suncorp App Terms and Conditions, leaving the remainder in full force and effect, provided that the severance has not altered the basic nature of the App Terms.
30.4 You may not rely on our words or conduct as a waiver of any right unless the waiver is in writing. Conduct includes delay in the exercise of any right. Right means any of our rights arising under or in connection with these Suncorp App Terms or otherwise, and includes the right to rely on this term. Waiver includes an election between rights and remedies, and conduct which might otherwise give rise to an estoppel.
30.5 Any fees and charges that apply to your products or services accessible via the Suncorp App will continue to apply through your use of the Suncorp App. You may incur charges from your mobile service provider for downloading and using the Suncorp App. We are not liable in respect of these charges and we recommend you check with your service provider prior to using the Suncorp App.
Fees and charges may be varied at any time without notice except where notice is required under any law or code in which case we will give you the required notice. Government charges, taxes and duties may also apply.
30.6 Terms and conditions apply to all products and services described in our Suncorp App and may be varied at any time without notice (where permitted by law).
30.7 Whilst reasonable steps have been undertaken to ensure that App Content is free from error, to the extent permitted by law, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of Suncorp App Content. All information is subject to change without notice. We do not guarantee that any Suncorp App Content, linked external websites or any Third Party Site or any Third Party App will be free from viruses, or that access to any Suncorp App Content, linked Online Suncorp Sites or any Third Party Site or any Third Party App will function as intended or be uninterrupted. All terms implied by law, except those that cannot be lawfully excluded, are excluded.
30.8 Since electronic services are subject to interruption or breakdown, access to Suncorp App Content is offered on an "as is" and "as available" basis only. We may impose limits or restrictions on the use you may make of Suncorp App Content, features and functionality. Further, for security, technical, maintenance, legal or regulatory reasons, or due to any breach of these Suncorp App Terms, we may vary or withdraw any Suncorp App Content, features or functionality or part thereof) at any time and without notice to you.
30.9 You indemnify all Suncorp Group Entities in respect of any liability incurred by us for any loss, cost, damage or expense, howsoever caused, suffered by us as a result of your breach of these Suncorp App Terms.
30.10 Subject to any responsibilities implied by law and which cannot be excluded, all Suncorp Group Entities and our directors, employees, agents, contractors are not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to any Suncorp App Content, Site Content, User Content, Third Party Site content, Third Party App content, third party services, or access (or lack of access) to any website operated by any Suncorp Group Entity by you, howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort including negligence, statute or otherwise.
30.11 Unless otherwise stated, these Suncorp App Terms and/or your access to the Suncorp App may be terminated at any time by us and for any reason (including upon decommissioning of the Suncorp App). You may terminate your use of our Suncorp App at any time. However, all restrictions, and all disclaimers and exclusions of and limitations on our liability, will survive any termination.
30.12 Upon termination of these Suncorp App Terms and your right to access to our Suncorp App, you must not directly or indirectly access or use any part of our Suncorp App.
30.13 Suncorp App Content is either owned or licensed by us and is protected by copyright laws in Australia and overseas.
30.14 Except where necessary for and incidental to viewing or using the Suncorp App Content via Mobile Device or App Content via your web-enabled browser or as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 or other applicable laws, no App Content may be reproduced, published, stored (for any period of time) in an electronic or other retrieval system, adapted, uploaded to a third-party location, framed, performed in public or transmitted in any form by any process whatsoever without our specific written consent.
30.15 The Suncorp App includes trademarks which are protected by law. All Suncorp Group Entities reserve all copyright and other legal rights with respect to our respective trademarks, whether registered or otherwise.
30.16 We reserve the right at any time to vary these Suncorp App Terms for security, legal or regulatory reasons, or to reflect updates or changes to the services or functionality of our Suncorp App, by publishing the varied Suncorp App Terms on our website or through the Suncorp App. You accept that we provide you with sufficient notice of any variation by making available the current version of the Suncorp App Terms through the Suncorp App, unless otherwise required by the law or any applicable Code. By your use of the Suncorp App after any variation, you are taken to have accepted the Suncorp App Terms.
30.17 No automatic update of personal information
Please be aware that personal information such as your name, address and vehicle's details, which you enter into the Suncorp App will not automatically update on the records of your policy or registered banking accounts. If you would like to update your policy's details, please call us on 13 11 55.