Why choose a Fixed Rate Home Loan
Our Fixed Rate Home Loans provide the certainty of fixed repayments over a set term.
- Fixed interest rate and repayments
- At expiry of the fixed term, the loan will automatically revert to the Standard Variable rate
- Option to refix the interest rate at expiry of initial fixed term for a further fixed period at current prevailing fixed rates
- Option to lock in a rate at the time of application
- Statements are issued every 6 months
With options to suit your needs now
- Suitable for personal or investment purposes
- Choice of fixed terms from 1,2, 3, or 5 year fixed terms
- Principal and Interest or Interest Only repayment options
- Loan terms from 8 to 30 years
- Monthly repayments on fixed loans are recommended. A choice of weekly or fortnightly repayments are available but may result in an Early Payment Interest Adjustment (EPIA). Find out more about EPIA.
Getting the most from a Fixed Rate Home Loan
Package your loan with an Everyday Options Bank Account
and enjoy a discounted rate and other savings
Discounted interest rate
on your Fixed Rate home loan
Home Loan fee saving
No monthly account keeping fee
No loan establishment fee
No renegotiation fee*
No mortgage offset fee
Other optional benefits with Home Package Plus
Home Landlord and/or Contents Insurance
Receive a discount of up to 20% off the first year’s annual premium on new to Suncorp Home, Landlord and/or Contents Insurance policies
Receive a discount of up to 10% off the first year’s annual premium on new to Suncorp Motor Insurance policies
Eligible Credit Cards
Pay no Annual Card fee on new Suncorp Bank Platinum, Gold or Standard Credit Cards
Eligible Personal Loan
No monthly account keeping fee, no establishment fee and 0.50% p.a. margin discount off Suncorp Bank Personal Loan rates
Discounted brokerage fees
Please refer to the Home Package Plus Terms and Conditions
* An Early Payment Interest Adjustment may apply if a renegotiation occurs on a Fixed Rate Home Loan
Our Special Offers, Package and Standard rates explained
Special Offer: For customers with eligible new home lending over $150,000
First Home Buyer Special Offer: For Owner Occupier first home buyers who have never previously purchased a property with eligible new Home Lending of over $150,000
Home Package Plus: For customer with eligible home lending over $150,000, which can be a combination of existing and new lending
Standard Interest Rate: For customers without a package and minimum lending requirement is only $10,000
Interest rates quoted below are inclusive of a discount margin which is deducted from the Standard Interest Rate`
Home Package Plus Fee
$375 annually for Fixed Home Loans included in the Home Package Plus
Account Keeping Fee
$10 per month
Loan Establishment Fee
$600 for loans <90% LVR
$990 for loans >= 90% LVR
$0 where loan included in Home Package Plus
Amount determined at application on loans > 80% LVR
Guaranteed Rate Fee
Calculated at the higher of $600 or 0.15% of the Loan Amount prior to adding any fees or charges that are to be financed as part of the transaction
Will apply if you make additional repayments in excess of the $500 threshold in a month.
Home Loans provided to approved applicants only. Credit and lending criteria applies and is subject to change without notice.
By switching to Suncorp Bank, you could save thousands.^^
- Refinance your eligible owner occupied home loan with Suncorp Bank, and you'll receive $1,500 cash*
- Access our competitive home loan rates
Apply by 28 February 2019, settle by 31 May 2019. $250,000 minimum refinance. Available only for owner occupied home loans in the “Home Package Plus” or “Back to Basics with Better Together Special”. 1 Year Fixed Special Offers Excluded. Further T&C’s and eligibility criteria apply.
‡ Advertised discounted rate valid from 13 December 2018, is subject to change without notice and may be withdrawn. Offer available for new Personal/Owner Occupied loans >= $150,000 where borrowings <= 90% of the security property value (“LVR”) inclusive of lenders mortgage insurance (where applicable). Disclosed Interest Rate is based on Principal and Interest, 1 Year Fixed Rate (currently fixed interest rate of 3.84% p.a.) less package fixed discount of -0.35% p.a. At the expiry of the Fixed Rate Term, will revert to the then Standard Variable (currently variable interest rate of 5.77% p.a.) less the Home Package Plus Variable net discount (currently -1.78% p.a.) available at the time you entered into the Package. A discount is applied for as long as the loan remains part of the Home Package Plus. The rate and discount may be varied if the loan purpose or repayment type is changed. The Standard Fixed Rate offered on the day of settlement of the loan will apply unless the rate is secured by paying a Guaranteed Rate Fee. Pre-approvals excluded.
‡‡ Advertised rate valid from 14 September 2018 is subject to change without notice and may be withdrawn. Offer available for new Investment loans >= $150,000 where borrowings <= 90% of the security property value ("LVR") inclusive of lenders mortgage insurance (where applicable). Disclosed Interest Rate is based on Principal and Interest, 5 Year Fixed Rate (currently fixed interest rate of 4.84% p.a.) less package fixed discount of -0.55% p.a. At the expiry of the Fixed Rate Term, the rate will revert to the then Standard Variable (currently variable interest rate of 6.24% p.a.) less the Home Package Plus Variable net discount (currently -1.95% p.a.) available at the time you entered into the Package. A discount is applied for as long as the loan remains part of the Home Package Plus. The rate and discount may be varied if the loan purpose or repayment type is changed. The applicable Standard Fixed Rate offered on the day of settlement of the loan will apply unless the rate is secured by paying a Guaranteed Rate Fee. Pre-approvals excluded.
The Home Package Plus (HPP) discounts are applied for as long as the home remains part of the Home Package Plus. Interest rates and discounts are subject to change without notice. Discounts margins may be withdrawn at any time before a contract is entered into. Discounts are applied to the applicable Standard Interest Rate at the day of Settlement.
Loan to Value Ratio (“LVR”) limits are inclusive of Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI) where applicable. A repayment type of interest only is available on loans with an LVR limit < 90%. At the expiry of the Interest Only term, the rate will convert to the applicable Principal & Interest Rate less any applicable margin discount specified in your credit contract.
^ The standard Fixed Rate offered on the day of settlement of the loan will apply unless the rate is secured by paying a Guaranteed Rate Fee. At expiry of the fixed rate period, the rate will revert to the applicable Standard Variable Interest Rate less any applicable margin discount specified in your credit contract. The Interest Only period on a Fixed Rate must equal the Fixed Rate term.
∇ Offer valid from 27/03/2017 until withdrawn. The first annual package fee is waived for new Home Package Plus customers with new lending of at least $150,000. The annual package fee of $375 is charged and refunded to the loan. Offer is subject to change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time before a credit contract is entered into.
∇∇ Annual package fee waiver applies to owner-occupied first home buyers (i.e. have never purchased a property) who take out a Home Package Plus with a new Standard Variable Rate or 5 Year Fixed Rate loan of at least $150,000. The annual package fee of $375 will be charged and refunded for the life of the loan, expiring only if the loan is closed or varied out of the product or package. Offer valid from 12/09/2017 and is subject to change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time before a credit contract is entered into.
`For a full list of Standard rates with discount margins displayed, please view our Home Lending Interest Rate Guide.
# Each comparison rate is based on $150,000 over 25 years. WARNING: These comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan. Comparison rates for Interest Only Fixed Rate home loans are based on an initial Interest Only period equal in length to the fixed. Comparison rates for Interest Only Variable home loans are based on an initial 5 year Interest Only period.
* The Refinance Offer is applicable when you apply and settle an Eligible Home Loan with Suncorp Bank. An Eligible Home Loan is a loan that is: (1) applied for between 8 October 2018 – 28 February 2019 and settled by 31 May 2019; (2) refinanced from another financial institution; (3) $250,000 minimum loan refinance with a Loan to Value Ratio of 80% or less; (4) a Standard Variable or 2, 3 or 5 Year Fixed Rate loan in the Home Package Plus (Line of Credit / Access Equity and 1 Year Fixed Special Offer are excluded), or Back to Basics Better Together Special; (5) not established in the name of a company, business or trust. Refinancing of an existing Suncorp Bank home loan or pre-approvals are ineligible for the Refinance Offer. A limit of one (1) payment of $1,500 will be made to a borrower and if there is more than 1 borrower one (1) payment will be made to them jointly. Each borrower, whether individually or jointly, can only ever receive a payment of $1,500 once. If any of the borrowers have received a payment whether individually or jointly under the Refinance Offer previously then no further payments will be made. The $1,500 cash payment will be credited to the linked Everyday Options account which forms part of the Home Package Plus; or to the transaction account linked to the Back to Basics Better Together Special only, within 30 days of the settlement date. Suncorp Bank reserves the right to terminate the offer at any time. Applications subject to credit approval. Fees, and charges may be applicable. Full terms and conditions will be included in our loan offer.
^^Depending on your financial circumstances, you should obtain independent advice before making any decisions regarding this Refinance Offer.
Banking products are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No 229882 Australian Credit Licence 229882 (“Suncorp Bank”) to approved applicants only. Please read the relevant Product Information Document and the Terms and Conditions before making a decision regarding any Suncorp Bank products. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply and are available on request or on our Product Information Documents and Forms page.
Lenders Mortgage Insurance (LMI)
If you are borrowing more than 80% of the value of the property, you will be required to pay Lenders Mortgage Insurance. This is a one-off payment and can be financed into the loan.
Lenders Mortgage Insurance protects Suncorp Bank against loss in the event of a forced sale of a mortgage property. It does not insure you but may make it possible for you to buy a home with a smaller deposit. You will still be responsible for all amounts owing in relation to your loan.
Split your loan across fixed and variable rates
You can choose to split your loan and keep a portion of your borrowings at a variable interest rate, allowing you the option to make additional repayments in excess of $500 without penalty /redraw on the variable component
Option to lock in a rate at the time of application
As Fixed Rates are determined at settlement of your loan, our Guaranteed Rate Fee removes this uncertainty by fixing the rate at application for up to 90 days to protect you from unforeseen increases before loan settlement
Principal + Interest or Interest-only repayment options
Interest only repayments subject to credit approval
Lock in your interest rate and repayment amount
A rate that is variable and is subject to change over the loan term.
Split your loan
You can choose to split your loan and fix a portion of your borrowings at a fixed interest rate for greater budgeting certainty. At expiry all fixed rate loans revert to the Standard Variable rate
A comparison rate is a rate that indicates the true cost of a loan. This rate incorporates certain fees and charges that are applicable for the chosen product.