Increasing your Home Loan
Have a home loan, and need some additional funds?
With a Suncorp Bank 'Add' or 'Equity' Loan, you can utilise your existing Suncorp Bank home loan to achieve just that. Whether you're:
- Planning renovations
- Consolidating your debt
- Ready to buy your dream car
What are the 'Add' and 'Equity' Loans?
The 'Add' and 'Equity' loans are both ways to 'top up' or to 'borrow more' using your existing home loan.
- An Add Loan increases your existing loan sum.
- An Equity Loan allows you to use the equity in the value of your home to obtain a new loan.
An Add Loan simply adds the amount you wish to borrow onto your existing home loan. It increases your current repayment amount, but your remaining loan term, and loan type remains the same.
Example: A customer has a $300,000 home loan, with 20 years remaining. They apply for an Add Loan of $10,000 for a new car. If they are successful, their home loan would increase to $310,000, still with 20 years remaining.
An Equity loan is an entirely new loan, but is granted to you based on the equity you've built up on your current loan.
- With an equity loan, you can choose a different loan type to your current home loan.
- With a separate loan, you can monitor exactly what you've paid and left owing on your additional borrowings.
The Add and Equity Loan options are available on our:
Fixed Rate Loans (Equity Loan only)
Fees and Terms
Loans are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 Australian Credit Licence number 229882 (“Suncorp Bank”). To approved applicants only. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply and are available on request.