Why choose a Cash Passport
Limited Time Offer
You could get up to an extra AU$200 of travel money when you load from AU$1,500 on your Cash Passport. To be eligible:
- Load foreign currency equivalent of AU$1,500 or more in your local branch or online.
- Register your Cash Passport details at the redemption page.
For more information, please click here
INTRODUCING NEW CASH PASSPORT™ PLATINUM MASTERCARD®
Simply outsmart travel money. Load up to 11 currencies and use it at millions of locations worldwide everywhere MasterCard is accepted. Load, spend and top up your card on the go, so you’re always in control.
Free global Wi-Fi=
Get internet access via millions of Boingo hotspots globally. Get 3 months’ Boingo membership every time you top up with AU$100 or foreign currency equivalent.
Lock and load up to 11 currencies
Lock in exchange rates* and know exactly how much you have to spend.
24/7 global assistance
Help a call away whenever and wherever you are.
Emergency cash access
Our team is ready to replace your card or organise cash%
Accepted at millions of locations worldwide^
Spend fluently wherever MasterCard is accepted instore, online and ATMs.
Manage your account
Track spend, reload, or move money between currencies online, anywhere, anytime.
Share or transfer your travel money.
Transfer instantly, from your Cash Passport to another Cash Passport issued in Australia or New Zealand in available countries.
Cash Passport can be purchased online or in-store. Just be sure to have your Australian driver's license or passport ready. Once you have a Cash Passport, you won’t look back.
Activating your Cash Passport™ Platinum
- Once you receive your Cash Passport, activate it by calling 1800 098 231 (can be used inAustralia only) and follow the below steps.
- Press 1 for English
- When prompted, enter your 16 digit primary card number
- When prompted, enter the 4 digits of the day and month of your birth. E.g. DD / MM
- Your card will be activated and your PIN will be read back to you for the primary card, which will be the same as the PIN provided with the card
- This process needs to be completed for each Card.
HOW DOES CASH PASSPORT OUTSMART TRAVEL MONEY?
- Cash Passport offers 24/7 Global Assistance. If you lose your wallet, call Global Assistance straightaway by using the phone number of the relevant country. Sometimes, these things happen. We’ll quickly organise a new card, free of charge and help you get emergency cash% so you can keep enjoying your holiday.
- Keep track of your travel money
‘My Account’ lets you manage your money wherever you are, like reloading your card and transferring between currencies. Shop with confidence knowing exactly how much you have to spend, or simply load more funds with the advantage of locked-in exchange rates*. Load up to 11 currencies: USD, EUR, GBP, NZD, CAD, SGD, JPY, THB, HKD, AED, AUD+. Register now at My Account
- Convenient and Contactless
Cash Passport Fees and Charges
Others fees and charges may apply – Other fees, charges and limits may apply (“PDS”).
1. Applies to foreign currency loads only. Other fees may apply – refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for a full list of fees and limits
Ready to apply?
Frequently asked questions
MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 47 145 452 044, AFSL 386 837) arranges for the issue of the Multi-currency Cash Passport™ and Cash Passport™ Platinum (“Cash Passport”) in conjunction with the issuer, Heritage Bank Limited (ABN 32 087 652 024, AFSL 240 984). You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement for the relevant Cash Passport available at www.cashpassport.com.au before deciding to acquire the product. Any advice does not take into account your personal needs, financial circumstances or objectives and you should consider if it is appropriate for you.
MasterCard® and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
* Lock-in your exchange rates means the exchange rate is locked in for the initial load only. The exchange rates for subsequent reloads will be set at the prevailing exchange rate at the time of the transaction.
^ Subject to any surcharge that may be imposed directly by merchants. Cash Passport is unable to be used for purchases related to gambling or adult entertainment. Currently Cash Passport cannot be used in the following countries and geographical regions due to sanctions that are currently in place: Crimea, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. If you attempt to use your card at merchants in any of these countries and geographical regions, your request will be declined. In addition, the ATMs and POS terminals are not owned or operated by the Issuer or MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited and the Issuer or MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited are not responsible for ensuring that merchants will accept the Card. For example, the Issuer and MasterCard Prepaid Management Services Australia Pty Limited cannot control when an ATM or POS terminal is due for maintenance or is faulty or if a merchant chooses not to accept the Card. In such cases, your Card may not function properly or be declined. For more information please see the Product Disclosure Statement at www.cashpassport.com.au.
+ Before you make a decision to acquire the card, please check www.cashpassport.com.au for the latest currencies supported.
% T&Cs apply. Customer must contact MasterCard Prepaid Management Customer Service to report lost or stolen card. Emergency cash can be arranged up to the balance on your Cash Passport, subject to availability of funds at the approved agent location.