Cleaner energy. A brighter future.
Find out if you’re eligible to receive a special $500 Solar Home Bonus!
At Suncorp Bank, we want to reward your contribution to a brighter future for all of us.
If you have an existing home loan with Suncorp Bank and that home has a solar power system, or if you have solar installed by 31st December 2021 on that home, you may be eligible to receive $500. If you have more than one property that has a solar system and the property is subject to an existing Suncorp Bank home loan, you may be eligible to receive $500 for each property!
- an electricity bill showing your solar metering service charge or feed-in tariff
- a solar certificate
- a 7+ star NatHERS certificate
- an online property listing or property valuation report
Planning on installing a solar system? To be eligible, your system must be fully installed, the above requirements satisfied and your application received by the offer closing date: 31st December 2021. Questions? Please call 13 11 55.
How to apply:
1. Complete the $500 Solar Home Bonus application below.
2. We’ll send an email confirmation when you’ve submitted the application.
3. Please reply to this email within 3 days, attaching your evidence document.
Things you should know
You may be eligible to receive Suncorp Bank's offer of $500 cash bonus payment ("$500 Solar Home Bonus") if you have an existing Home Loan with us that meets the following conditions:
(1) the Loan forms part of existing Suncorp Bank lending with an outstanding balance of at least $50,000;
(2) a Suncorp Bank transaction account is held in the name of the Borrower/s, and
(3) the security property is either a detached house or townhouse and has an eligible solar power system installed and acceptable evidence has been provided to Suncorp Bank.
Apartments, units and commercial properties are excluded. Non-personal borrowers are not eligible for this Offer.
Your eligibility for the $500 Solar Home Bonus will be determined by Suncorp Bank. If you are eligible, a payment of $500 will be made to the Borrower/s. A limit of 1 payment will be made to the Borrower/s per eligible security. Where the same Borrower/s have received a Solar Home Bonus payment previously with respect to the security property, then no further payments will be made.
Suncorp Bank will notify you of its determination and any applicable payment will be credited to a Suncorp Bank transaction account in the name of the Borrower/s within 60 days of determination of your eligibility.
An Eligible Solar Power System is one which has a Certificate of Testing and Compliance from a Clean Energy Council Accredited Installer or by a current Solar Metering Service Charge and Feed-in Tariff from an authorised retail electricity provider. Satisfactory evidence will need to be provided at the time of application. We reserve our right to accept applications for Solar Power Systems where other satisfactory evidence, to be determined at the Bank’s sole discretion, is received.
Banking products are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No 229882 Australian Credit Licence 229882 (“Suncorp Bank”) to approved applicants only. Please read the relevant Product Information Document, Lending Fees and Charges and Home Package Plus Terms and Conditions before making a decision regarding any Suncorp Bank products. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply and are available on request or on our Product Information Documents and Forms page.