Will PayID replace existing account numbers and BSBs?
PayID doesn’t replace BSBs and account numbers. Instead, it is an alternative identifier, like an email address or mobile phone number, which can be linked to an account to receive payments made through the NPP or Osko. So, instead of providing someone your BSB and account number to get paid, you can give them your PayID. However, you can still use your BSB and acount number if you prefer. It’s important to note that not all banks and financial insitutions permit their customers to have a PayID or to pay to a PayID.
Commonly asked questions
- What is a security token and how do I order one?
- Where is my nearest ATM?
- How do I find a cash and cheque deposit ATM?
- What do I do if I've forgotten my customer ID?
- Why am I having difficulty logging onto Internet Banking?
- I need a copy of my eStatments, where can I get them?
- What is my Internet Banking Customer ID?