Suncorp Bank Google Pay™ Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: 1 March 2018
1. Agreement to these Terms and Conditions
1.1. You agree that you accept these Terms and Conditions by adding your eligible Suncorp Bank Card to Google Pay on an eligible Android Device.
1.2. These Terms and Conditions apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts. It is important that you read both documents together. Where inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts, these Terms and Conditions apply in respect of your use of Google Pay.
2. Google Pay provided by Google
2.1. Google Pay is provided by Google, not by Suncorp Bank.
2.2. Suncorp Bank is not liable for the use, functionality or availability of Google Pay, any Android Device or any disruption caused from the availability of contactless merchant terminals or reduced service levels caused by the failure of telecommunications networks.
2.3. You must agree to Google's terms and conditions in order to register and use Google Pay.
3. Using your Suncorp Bank Card with Google Pay
3.1. Your Suncorp Bank Card can be registered with Google Pay to make contactless payments to retailers. It may be used within Google Pay to pay for in-app purchases.
3.2. To add your Suncorp Bank Card, you must follow the procedures provided by Suncorp Bank. In doing so, we may require you to adequately identify yourself via a variety of mechanisms to authenticate your request to register your Suncorp Bank Card with Google Pay. If we cannot authenticate your request to our satisfaction or if we suspect that there may be attempted fraud, we may decline the request to add your Suncorp Bank Card to Google Pay.
3.3. Once your Suncorp Bank Card is registered with Google Pay, you can use your Android Device to authorise transactions on your account.
3.4. You need to select Google Pay as the default 'tap & pay' application on your Android Device's settings to transact using Google Pay. In addition, you must have your Suncorp Bank Card selected as your default card within Google Pay for Google Pay to use your Suncorp Bank Card when completing a transaction. If Google Pay is the default 'tap & pay' application on your Android Device's settings, you may only be able to pay using Google Pay despite another 'tap & pay' application being open at the time you tap your Android Device at the contactless terminal.
3.5. Depending on the dollar value of the transaction, you may be required to undertake the following actions in order to initiate a transaction at a contactless payment terminal:
- enter your Suncorp Bank Card PIN;
- to have unlocked or awaken the Android Device (please note that for some Android Devices, carrier specific software settings may override Google Pay setting, requiring you to unlock your phone in order to initiate a transaction.
3.6. The transaction limits that apply to your Card do not change as a result of your adding your Card to Google Pay.
3.7. Google Pay may not work when the Android Device is not within range of a cellular or wireless internet connection. If the Android Device has not had a cellular or wireless internet connection for an extended time there may be a delay before Google Pay works once reconnected.
3.8. Google Pay may not be accepted outside of Australia, or at all places where your Suncorp Bank Card is accepted.
4. Suspension or Termination of Google Pay
4.1. Suncorp Bank may suspend or terminate your use of Google Pay if:
- your Suncorp Bank Card is cancelled, blocked or suspended;
- you breach these Terms and Conditions or the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts;
- we, Google or a card network provider reasonably suspects fraud;
- if we are required to do so under any legislation or law, or if required to by a regulatory or government body;
- if our arrangements with Google regarding Google Pay cease or are suspended; and
- for any other reason we deem appropriate.
4.2. You may remove your Suncorp Bank Card from Google Pay by following the instructions provided on your device by Google.
5. Applicable Fees and Charges
5.1. Suncorp Bank does not charge any additional fees for adding or using a Suncorp Bank Card with Google Pay.
5.2. All applicable fees relating to your Account as specified in the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts, Product Information Document, Product Disclosure Statement and the Lending Fees and Charges Booklet still apply.
5.3. By using Google Pay, you may incur third party charges such as carrier or mobile data charges, which you are responsible for.
6. Data Collection and Privacy
6.1. You agree that we may exchange information relating to your Android Device on which your Suncorp Bank Card is registered and disclose your transaction history to Google in order to facilitate your Google Pay experience.
6.2. Google may also use your personal information for different purposes. Please review Google's terms and condition and privacy policies carefully.
6.3. We may also exchange your information with other service providers (such as Visa) in order to facilitate any purchase you initiate via Google Pay.
6.4. By registering your Suncorp Bank Card with Google pay, you are providing consent for your information to be shared with these parties.
6.5. The Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts contain additional information about our collection and handling of your personal information.
7. Suncorp Bank's Liability
7.1. Suncorp Bank will not be liable for any loss arising from your use of Google Pay to the extent the loss was caused by:
- Your fraud;
- Your use of Google Pay or the Android Device in a manner not permitted by Google (for example, by obtaining root access to your Android Device); or
- Subject to your rights under the ePayments Code, a reduced level of service caused by matters beyond our reasonable control) for example, those caused by third party software and network providers.
8. Security and associated Liability
8.1. If your Suncorp Bank Card is registered for Google Pay on an eligible Android Device, it is your responsibility to ensure that:
- where the Android Device is accessible via a biometric identifier (such as a fingerprint), only your biometric identifier is registered on the device;
- any biometric identifier of another person saved on your Google Device is removed immediately;
- where the Android Device is accessible via a Passcode, the Passcode is kept secure, in the same way as you would a PIN or other banking password. The Passcode must not be disclosed to anyone, kept with the Android Device or in anything with which the Android Device is stored;
- any Passcode selected does not represent your date of birth, is not a series of consecutive numbers, the same numbers as your driver's licence number or an alphabetic code that is a recognisable part of your name. For more information on selecting your Passcode and keeping it secure, refer to the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts.
- you take immediate actions to change the Passcode if you believe the security of your Passcode has been compromised;
- you do not act with extreme carelessness in failing to protect the security of your Passcode;
- the Android Device is locked at all times when not in use and is not left unattended in a non-secure environment; and
- you remove any Suncorp Bank Cards from the Android Device before disposing of it.
8.2. You must notify us immediately if:
- your Android Device is lost or stolen; or
- you believe the security of your Android Device has been compromised or that an unauthorised person has access to the Android Device credentials used to access Google Pay.
8.3. You must not voluntarily disclose one or more of Your Passcode to anyone, including a family member or friend.
8.4. You can record Your Passcode to help you remember it but it must be reasonably disguised. You should NOT:
- put your Passcode on your Android Device even if you disguise it;
- reverse the order of the Passcode;
- say a disguised number is your Passcode;
- disguise your Passcode as a telephone number;
- replace your Passcode with letters (e.g. A=1, B=2, C=3);
- write numbers that contain the same sequence of numbers as your Passcode;
- record it on a computer or electronic device where it can easily be retrieved; or
- keep a record of it in close proximity to where it can be obtained with the access method (for example next to Your Android Device) unless You make a reasonable attempt to protect the security of the Passcode.
8.5. These are examples only. There are other ways that You should not use to disguise Passcodes so as to make your Passcode obvious to another person.
8.6. Your liability for losses arising from an unauthorised transaction will be determined under the ePayments Code (refer to clause 20.14 to clause 20.16 of the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts).
8.7. It may be possible to make transactions using Google Pay after deleting or uninstalling the Google Pay application on an Android Device. If you no longer wish to use a Suncorp Bank Card with Google Pay, you should remove the Card from Google Pay prior to deleting/uninstalling the Google Pay application on your Android Device.
8.8. You can ensure that your Suncorp Bank Card cannot be used with Google Pay on your Android Device by:
- removing the Google account to which the Suncorp Bank Card was added in Google Pay;
- undertaking a factory reset of your Android Device; or
- erasing your Android Device on Android Device Manager.
8.9. If you fail to comply with any of the requirements stated in this clause 8, you are taken to have authorised any transaction that is made using Google Pay on your Android Device and such transaction will not be deemed an unauthorised transaction under the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts.
8.10. Your Suncorp Bank Card may also be removed from Google Pay where the Android Device has not connected to Google's servers for at least 90 days.
9. Electronic Communications
9.1. You agree that we may contact you electronically (for example via SMS, e- mail or notifications in app), and that such electronic communication will be considered written notice for the purpose of these Terms and Conditions.
10. Changes to these Terms and Conditions
10.1. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time and subject to any applicable law or code, we will provide you with advance notice in accordance with the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts.
10.2. Notice may be provided electronically (as set out in clause 9) or by another means permitted under the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts.
10.3. You agree to any such changes by continuing to keep your Suncorp Bank Card registered in Google Pay.
11.1. Google, Android, Google Pay and associated logos are trademarks of Google LLC.
12. Severability and Governing Law
12.1. If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions (or part of provisions) will continue in full force and effect.
12.2. These terms are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia and you and Suncorp Bank agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
13.1. The following definitions apply within these Terms & Conditions:
- Android Device means a device such as a smartphone, tablet or smartwatch using an Android operating system, which Suncorp Bank determines is eligible for the registration of Suncorp Bank Cards to be used in Google Pay.
- Android Device Manager means an Android application created by Google which allows users to locate, lock, ring and wipe Android Devices remotely.
- Google Pay means the mobile payment and digital wallet service created by Google that lets users make payments using certain Android Devices and credit cards or debit cards registered on such Android Devices.
- Google means Google Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd. ABN 54 341 015 381 and/or its related bodies corporate and affiliates.
- Passcode means anything required to unlock an Android Device, including a password, passcode, pattern or biometric identifier (where applicable).
- Suncorp Bank means Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL 229882 ACL 229882, its successors and assigns.
- Suncorp Bank Card means any Visa debit card issued by Suncorp Bank to the extent that such card is available for use by you within Australia.
13.2. In the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts:
- Each reference to a Lost or Stolen Card include a lost or stolen Android Device.
- Each reference to a Secret Code includes a reference to your Passcode.
13.3. Where not specified in the above clauses 13.1 and 13.2, definitions in the Terms and Conditions for Suncorp Bank Accounts and Continuing Credit Accounts apply.
Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL 229882 Australian Credit Licence 229882