Apple Pay is the easier, safer way to pay with your Suncorp Debit Card. Make payments securely and simply using the Apple devices you always have on you, like your iPhone or Apple Watch.
Apple Pay is the simple, easy and safe way to pay in stores, in apps, and online with your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac. You can quickly check out using the devices you carry every day.
Apple Pay is designed to make purchasing easier, by using your everyday Apple devices. You can use Apple Pay with any eligible iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or MacBook.
With Apple Pay, your information is kept private. Your Suncorp card details aren’t stored on your device or when you pay, so your transaction is always safe and secure.
Open the Wallet app on your Apple device, and click on ‘Add card’. Scan your card or enter the details manually to add it.
Enter your card’s security code to add your Suncorp debit card affiliated with your iTunes Account.
Or, tap ‘Add a different card’ and use your iPhone camera to scan the card information*.
Your card has now been added to Apple Wallet and you’re ready to Tap and Pay anywhere you see this symbol.
Watch how to add a card to Apple Pay
Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
Tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’ and tap ‘Add Debit Card’.
Enter your card’s security code to add your credit or debit card affiliated with your iTunes account. Or, tap ‘Add a different card’ and use your iPhone camera to scan the card information*.
Using Apple Pay is the easy, safe way to pay instore, in apps and online with your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and Mac. You can quickly check out using the devices you carry every day. Apple Pay is also the safer and faster way to pay online and in apps because you no longer have to create an account or fill out lengthy forms*.
Apple Pay can be used anywhere you can Tap and Pay.
How to pay instore
Paying in apps and on the web
Use Apple Pay to make purchases in all kinds of apps on your iPhone and iPad. Paying is as simple as selecting Apple Pay at checkout and completing the payment using Face ID or Touch ID.
Apple Pay is also the easier, safer way to pay online in Safari on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac, as you no longer have to create an account or fill out lengthy forms. Simply pay and go. You can use Apple Pay with a compatible Mac for payments on the web in Safari.*
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay lets you use your compatible iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac device to simply and securely pay with your eligible Suncorp Visa debit cards in stores, within apps and on the web with Safari.
How does Apple Pay work?
To use Apple Pay for purchases, you must first add your eligible card on your compatible Apple device. See the Getting Started section of the FAQs for details on how to verify your card.
Once your card has been added and your identity verified, you can use your device in stores to make payments by holding your device (e.g. iPhone) up to the contactless payment terminal.
Apple Pay can be used within participating merchant apps and websites by selecting ‘Buy with Apple Pay’.
To set up Apple Pay via the Suncorp App:
- Download, & sign up to, the Suncorp App.
- Add your Banking products into the app (if they’re not there already).
- Visit the ‘Banking’ tab.
- Click ‘Manage’ (on the right-hand side of your accounts list), then click on ‘Manage Cards’ under the ‘Accounts’ header.
- Select the relevant Suncorp Bank Visa Debit card. Once the Visa Debit card page displays, select ‘Add to Apple Wallet’ on your VISA Debit card.
- Follow and complete the screens to finalise setup.
- Once complete you’ll be returned to the ‘Apple Pay’ page in the Suncorp App, with the nominated card displaying ‘Card added in Apple Wallet’.
To set up Apple Pay on your device:
- Open the Wallet app and tap + sign in the upper right hand corner.
- Follow the prompts to add a new card.
- Enter your card’s security code to add your debit card affiliated with your iTunes Account. Or, tap ‘Add a different card’ and use your iPhone camera to scan the card information.
- Your card has now been added to Apple Wallet and you’re ready to Tap and Pay anywhere you see the contactless symbol.
For more on setting up your Apple Pay device, please visit our Apple Pay webpage.
Note: the Suncorp eftpos card is currently not able to be registered with Apple Pay via the Suncorp App.
Apple Pay can be used anywhere you can Tap and Pay. Simply look for the contactless symbol.
You can also use Apple Pay in-app and on the web with Safari when you see the “Buy with Apple Pay” button or Apple Pay as a payment option.
Note: the Suncorp eftpos card is currently not available for Apple Pay payments within apps, on the web with Safari or for use overseas.
Apple Pay can be used with both personal and business Suncorp Debit cards. Head over to our ways to bank page to learn more.
You can add your Suncorp Debit card to:
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6 or later (in store, within apps and web purchases)
- Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5 or later (in store and app purchases only)
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3 or later (within apps and web purchases only)
- Mac models with Touch ID (web purchases in Safari) or a Mac model introduced in 2012 or later with an Apple Pay-enabled iPhone or Apple Watch.
Note: the Suncorp eftpos card is currently not available for Apple Pay on an iPad or Mac.To check if your device is compatible, please visit the Apple Pay support page.
You’ll require the latest version of iOS, watchOS or macOS downloaded to your device.
All Suncorp Debit cards stored in Apple Pay are allocated a Device Account Number. This unique number ensures your payment information isn’t stored on your device or shared with the merchant when making a payment.
You can find your Device Account Number by opening the Wallet app, selecting your card and tapping the “” symbol in the top right corner.
There is no cost to use Apple Pay.
Account transaction fees may apply depending on your account type. Data usage charges may apply depending on your mobile phone plan.
To find out more information on how to make secure payments and set up Apple Pay with your Suncorp Debit Card, please visit our Apple Pay webpage.
Don't have a Suncorp debit card?
Check out our everyday bank account options.
* Apple Pay works with iPhone 6 and later in stores, apps, and websites in Safari; with Apple Watch in stores and apps (requires iPhone 6 or later); with iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 3 and later in apps and websites in Safari; and with Mac (2012 or later) in Safari with an Apple Pay–enabled iPhone or Apple Watch. For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see support.apple.com/km207105. The Suncorp Bank Eftpos card is currently not available for Apple Pay payments within apps, on the web with Safari or for use overseas.
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone, Mac, and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Deposit Products are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd (“Suncorp Bank”) ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No 229882. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply and are available on request.