Finishing a fixed rate term on a Fixed Rate Home Loan
If you’ve fixed all or part of your home loan for a 1,2,3 or 5 Year term, and that term is about to expire, then it’s a great time to think about your next move with your home loan.
What do I do when my fixed rate home loan term has finished?
At the end of a fixed rate period, your loan will automatically revert to the Standard Variable home loan product unless you request otherwise.
At the end of a fixed rate term, you have the option to:
- Leaving it to roll to the Standard Variable home loan product minus any discounts originally specified in your home loan contract.
- 'Refix' your interest rate for another fixed rate term, or
- 'Split' your loan into both fixed and variable, for more flexibility to suit your needs. More information on splitting your loan.
How will I know when my fixed-rate term is finishing?
- We’ll send you a notification (via mail) that your Fixed Rate Home Loan Term is coming to an end.
- You can refer to your original home loan contract or updated variation notice.
- Or you can contact us at any time!If you are an Internet Banking customer or use our mobile app. you can also see your fixed rate term end date each time you view your fixed rate loan details.
If you have any questions about finishing a fixed rate home loan, call us on 13 11 55 and speak with a Home Loan Specialist.
If you’d like to speak to someone straightaway, please call 13 11 55 Mon-Fri 8am-7pm and Sat-Sun 9am-2pm (AEST)
What can I expect?
Whether you want to get pre-approval, a new loan or refinance your existing loan with Suncorp, you can apply quickly online. We’ll reply within two hours or by the next business day.
Banking products are issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No 229882 Australian Credit Licence 229882 (“Suncorp Bank”) to approved applicants only. Please read the relevant Product Information Document, Lending Fees and Charges and the Home Package Plus terms and conditions before making a decision regarding any Suncorp Bank products. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply and are available on request or on our Product Information Documents and Forms page.