Additional resources after the loss of a loved one
Free and confidential grief counselling services throughout Australia can support you through your grief. Many are available 24/7.
Government support services
You may need to seek out additional government services to help you finalise your loved one’s Estate.
You may find your financial situation has changed since losing your loved one. If you’re a Suncorp customer and you’re experiencing financial difficulty, our Financial Difficulty team is here to help. Contact us on 07 3167 9668 (Mon-Fri, 830am-5pm AEST) or find out how to submit a request for assistance. If you need information and advice on how to plan and manage your finances, financial counsellors can provide free and confidential assistance.
Learn more about financial counselling services:
Free legal services
If you can’t afford a private solicitor to help you finalise the Estate, each state and territory offers free legal services.
- ACT – Legal Aid ACT 1300 654 314
- NSW – Legal Aid New South Wales 1300 888 529 or 02 9219 5000
- Northern Territory – Northern Territory Legal Aid Commission 1800 019 343
- Queensland – Legal Aid Queensland 1300 651 188
- South Australia – Legal Services Commission of South Australia 1300 366 424
- Tasmania – Legal Aid Commission of Tasmania 1300 366 611
- Victoria – Victoria Legal Aid 1300 792 387 or 03 9269 0120
- Western Australia – Legal Aid Western Australia 1300 650 579