SUNCORP GOOGLE PAY 10 X $10,000 COMPETITION CONDITIONS
1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by Suncorp-Metway Limited, ABN 66 010 831 722 AFSL No 229882 Australian Credit Licence number 229882 ("Suncorp Bank" “the Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 11 55.
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to customers of the Promoter who have a Suncorp Bank VISA Debit Card that is provisioned in the Google Pay™ app, who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry; and (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant").
4. Competition entry commences at 00:01 on 1 November 2018 and closes at 23:59 on 31 December 2018 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Sydney time.
5. To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period make a purchase with a Suncorp Bank VISA Debit card using the Google Pay app.
6. Entrants may only enter the Competition by downloading the Google Pay app to their device and then provisioning a Suncorp Bank VISA debit card to the app in their own name. An Eligible Entrant will receive automatic entry into the competition for each approved purchase made with a Suncorp Bank VISA Debit card using the Google Pay app during the Entry Period. If an Eligible Entrant does not want to be entered into the Competition, they can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 13 11 55 requesting that they be removed from the competition.
7. Multiple entries are permitted and each subsequent purchase made in compliance with these conditions will create an additional entry in the Competition. Declined, refunded, charged-back or failed transactions will not be registered as valid entries into the Competition.
8. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
9. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry not in accordance with these conditions, does anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or companies associated with this competition, breach any law, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof of identity considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE(S)
11. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The prize draw will be held at 12:00pm on 15 January 2019 at Prime Focus, Level 1, 500 Chapel Street, South Yarra, VIC 3141.
12. There are ten (10) prizes to be won. The first ten (10) valid entries randomly drawn will win a prize. Each prize is AUD $10,000 cash which will be transferred to one (1) Suncorp Bank transaction account in the name of each winner. Winners will be required to open a Suncorp Bank transaction account if they do not hold such an account within 30 days from notification of winning the prize.
13. The prize is subject to the terms and conditions of use of the supplier, including debit card expiry dates (if any), and is not replaceable if lost, stolen or damaged.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
14. The total prize pool is valued at $100,000 AUD. A prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier(s) at the time of preparing these Terms and Conditions and includes any applicable GST. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
15. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner.
16. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
17. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason.
18. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
19. Where a prize winner needs to open a Suncorp Bank transaction account they will need to comply with Suncorp Bank’s usual account opening procedures including:
a. completing and signing an account opening form;
b. receiving a Product Information Document for the relevant account; and
c. being identified as required by Suncorp Bank.
20. The winner(s) will be notified within two (2) days of the draw by a phone call and email, using the details associated with their Suncorp Bank VISA debit card.
21. The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
22. The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
23. The name of the winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian newspaper on 21 January 2019.
24. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before 15 April 2019; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 12:00pm on 17 April 2019 at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable). The name of any resulting winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian newspaper on 23 April 2019. Any redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by a phone call and email using the details provided with their Suncorp Bank VISA debit card.
25. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
26. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
27. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
28. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
29. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
30. The winner(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
31. Android and Google Pay are trademarks of Google LLC. The Android Robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License. Google Pay is not a sponsor of this Competition and is not involved in the Competition in any way.
32. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook or Instagram. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You provide your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. You completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
33. Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose a winner's first initial, surname and State/Territory of residence to The Australian newspaper for publication. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
35. Competition permits: ACT TP18/01841, NSW LTPS/18/28207 & SA T18/1671.