Could I have unknowingly made a purchase if I walk past a Visa payWave reader?
In order to make a purchase, your card has to be within 4cm of the payWave reader and held there for half a second. On top of this, the merchant has to enter an amount into the EFTPOS machine. This means your card won’t be able to pick up purchases if you’re walking near a reader.
Commonly asked questions
- What is a security token and how do I order one?
- Where is my nearest ATM?
- How do I find a cash and cheque deposit ATM?
- What do I do if I've forgotten my customer ID?
- Why am I having difficulty logging onto Internet Banking?
- I need a copy of my eStatments, where can I get them?
- What is my Internet Banking Customer ID?