Do all purchases or transactions on my Visa debit or credit card need a PIN?
You’ll need to use your PIN for:
- point-of-sale terminals when you purchase goods and services
- cash out transactions if your card supports them
- ATM usage.
Not all transactions will need a PIN and in each case, the terminal will prompt for a PIN if it’s required.
Non-PIN transactions may include:
- contactless transactions, including those made via Visa payWave for under $100 and small ticket payment ($35 or less at some merchants)
- international transactions conducted by cardholders with cards issued by banks outside Australia
- mail or telephone order transactions
- internet transactions.