I’ve received a strange phone call/SMS – could it be a scam?
Scammers can target you anywhere, even over the phone. If you’ve received a phone call or SMS from someone that doesn’t seem quite right, hang up the phone or delete the message.
To protect yourself from targeted phone related attacks:
- Keep all your access codes safe and secure. This includes your card and ATM pins, Internet Banking password and any security codes we send to you officially. We never request this information from you. If someone asked for this information over the phone, it could be a scam.
- Never give out your personal, online or account details, including SMS codes or security token codes, to a source you don’t trust.
- Our Suncorp Bank representatives are highly trained and monitored. If you’re unsure, you can ask for a customer reference number to ensure you’re speaking to a genuine Suncorp person.
- Don’t download or install software to your computer at the pressing of an unexpected caller.
- Avoid responding to any suspicious texts or clicking any links within the message.
If you think you’ve been the victim of a scam in relation to your Suncorp banking, contact us.