Is online banking safe to use?
We take online banking security very seriously at Suncorp so our systems and processes are designed to keep your details safe and secure always. However, things like identity theft and card fraud do happen.
Here are a few ways you can stay safe online:
- Don’t write down your Internet Banking Customer ID and password
- Make sure no one is watching you enter your login details
- Don’t leave your Internet Banking session running when your computer is unattended
- Click ‘log off’ at the top of each menu to end your session properly
- Consider downloading the Suncorp Secured App, an extra safety measure to approve certain bank transactions by generating a unique Security Token Code on your mobile phone.
If you suspect that someone knows your Customer ID and Internet Banking password, logon immediately and change your Internet Banking password by going to the Settings and Security section, and clicking on the 'change my Internet Banking password' link.