How can I prevent credit or debit card theft online?
Card fraud or theft can happen anywhere, at any time, especially online.
You can protect yourself by ensuring you:
- Keep your contact details, including your mobile phone number up to date with Suncorp
- Don’t give out your card details or account information to anyone on the phone unless you are dealing with a reputable company you trust
- Check bank statements and if you notice anything suspicious, contact us immediately
- Keep track of when new and reissued credit or debit cards should arrive, and let us know if they don't arrive on time
- Make sure your post box is secure, and that only you and the postal carrier have access to it
- Only use your card on secure websites – they have a small key or lock symbol in the address bar
- Shred any receipts with your card number on it.