For what purposes can I borrow money?
Approved applicants may borrow money for many purposes including:
- to buy a residential property that’s owner occupied
- to buy a residential investment property
- to refinance an existing mortgage
- to refinance an existing mortgage and consolidate your other debts
- for investment purposes (other than property) where you provide enough equity in property as security.
- to increase or top up a home loan to fund a major purpose and get extra cash like, buying a motor vehicle, undertaking renovations or consolidating your debts.
Note: For any home loan, residential property must be offered as security. Lending and credit criteria apply.