Will merchants receive my physical card number?
No. All registered cards stored in Google Pay are assigned a Virtual Account Number. This number is used instead of your plastic card number, so your payment information is not shared with the merchant.
Commonly asked questions
- My card has expired and I received a new one. Do I need to add my card to Google Pay again?
- Can I use Google Pay to make cash withdrawals?
- Which cards are eligible for Google Pay?
- Can I use Google Pay overseas?
- What is Google Pay and how do I use it?
- What is my Virtual Account Number?
- How do I add my card to Google Pay?