How secure is an Apple Pay transaction?
Apple Pay uses security features built-in to the hardware and software of your device to help protect your transactions. In addition, to use Apple Pay, you must have a passcode set on your device and, optionally, Face ID or Touch ID.
Your Apple Pay transactions are kept secure in several ways, including:
- Your Apple device security settings, like Face ID, Touch ID or your passcode.
- Plastic card details are not shown in the Wallet app or shared with the merchant when used in store.
- You’ll receive notifications about where your transaction occurred along with the merchant’s name and amount of payment or refund.
In addition, Suncorp monitors your transaction history 24/7, to identify any unusual activity. For further information on Apple Pay security, visit the Apple support page.
Commonly asked questions
- What is Apple Pay and how do I use it?
- Can I use Apple Pay to get cash out?
- How do I set up Apple Pay?
- If I get a replacement Suncorp Visa Debit card, do I need to add my card again?
- Can I use Apple Pay overseas?
- Can I view transactions in the Wallet App?
- What happens if my device is lost or stolen?